This is what a huge number of people think about the toad, Farage

Maccas in the UK sells bleach as a drink?

Only disappointing thing about the incident was that we’re meant to be boycotting McDonalds , because of its support for israel.

1 Like

With random attacks by mentally disturbed people on the rise and some horrendous examples of people having acid thrown at them in the street, this type of street assault by throwing liquid is a stupid and ill-thought stunt.

Imagine yourself being the target of such an attack - the sudden shock of the attack and feeling liquid hit your face - in that split second you cannot know what the liquid is and whether it is harmless milk or acid that will burn your face off.

I cannot abide Farage but that does not give me carte-blanche to approach him in the street and throw stuff at him. What would the world be like if we all went around throwing stuff at politicians or any other folk we very much disapprove of?

Like a previous poster, it did cross my mind whether Farage and his team had arranged this incident as a publicity stunt.

Either way, it is a stupid thing to do and should be discouraged, not applauded, in my opinion.

5 Likes

very easy for someone to put bleach into one of the cups. We have had quite a lot of acid attacks.

Suddenly Britain doesn’t sound a very safe place to live.

A grim prediction but who knows it might save the planet
then again.

A fine post Boot. :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

It could all end up as a complete disaster for the human race if AI does complete its evolution by being in control of itself.

3 Likes

I think it was just yesterday that I read about the catastrophic eco impact of ChatGP.

2 Likes

Why would any established AI system see a need for the long term existence of humanity?

What a waste of a Banana Milkshake :laughing:
(loving the idea of bringing back the good ol bad Medievil days of having buckets of rotten fruit and veg lined up ready to bombard the rubbish speakers though!)

The next debate, with all the Party reps present will be the one, i say first rep who says “you vote for us and we will make the Country all rosie and good” gets a proverbial bucket full :laughing:

It is what it is, time to pick the best of the very worst bunch, if, indeed, there is a best to pick
Choices? wonderful!

4 Likes

I have a fantasy game show I invented t replace the election debates, but nobody will take me u on it! :rofl:

It goes like this:

The politicians are strapped to chairs that are capabable of giving a painful electric shock

Members of the public, journalists and political pundits are allowed to ask them straight forward yes/no questions about their policies and plans fr the future

If they try to do a politicians evasive answer or anything other than the words “yes” or “no”come out of their mouths, they get an electric shock!

I reckon it would focus their minds wonderfully, be fun to watch and cut down the amount of crap I have to listen to hugely

My other idea is that all the party leaders naked mud wrestle, winner gets to be PM :rofl:

Who do you think would win that one? :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Good grief @Maree , that took me back to 1984 and ‘Airstrip One’. Are you by any chance descended from George Orwell? I thought many fought in WWII to overcome such devised brutality from devious and deranged minds.

2 Likes

I sort of understand what your electric shock game show aims to achieve. And I certainly could see the enjoyment of politicians being zapped when they blatantly do not answer a question. However my worry is the yes / no constraint would give the impression that complex issues can be reduced down to yes / no, right / wrong, do / don’t. People like politicians such as Farage because they put forward simplistic responses to complex, multi-faceted issues. Luckily Farage won’t ever get into a position where these all too simple answers might be put into practice.

3 Likes

The problem with some people is that they criticise and deride the politicians standing in the elections but never indicate who they would vote for or support. They should either nail their colours to the mast and support somebody, or even stand themselves and see how much support they get. It’s very brave being a keyboard warrior but until they support a party or start one of their own they should refrain from casting aspersions upon persons who are prepared to lead the country.

5 Likes

Well said OGF! :+1:

2 Likes

I do not think that you need to stand yourself for election in order to justify the criticism of politicians. That is clearly ludicrous. Would you also maintain that you can’t criticise a large business unless you’ve run one yourself? Or that you can’t criticise the performance of a car unless you’ve designed and built one yourself. So, no, not realistic, is it?
Equally, finding fault in politicians is surely acceptable even if you do not nominate which party or which politician you’d support. As has been pointed out by many on this forum, many politicians are self serving people, or career politicians with little experience outside that sphere, or inconsistent / duplicitous in their views, or serve their party before they serve the constituents, or are happy to lie and mislead to get their point across, or present a false image of themselves to garner support, etc etc. Are you saying you can only criticise such people if you match that by saying “I support and will vote for x”? So, sorry, not a reasonable requirement.
Lastly, lets assume all politicians have faults and all political parties have faults. I think we can all agree that this is more likely to be true than not. According to your logic, I cannot criticise say Farage unless I am very clear on who I support and think has good policies. But the bottom line is all are flawed and have faults. So as soon as I say “Farage is bad because x, y, z,” your demand is that I also say that (I’m picking a daft example here) “Abbott wins my vote everyone time”. Which allows you and others to deflect the discussion from (possibly) rightful criticism of Farage to (inevitable) criticism of Abbott. We do not explore the validity of the criticism of Farage. We get lost on Abbott issues.
So, no, not playing that game and will continue to post about who I want to post about. Ta.

3 Likes

Journalist need to suffer some electric shocks too.

2 Likes

I never fail to be surprised by your ability to deconstruct a post or opinion and answer a question with a question Lincs, and at the same time intersperse your reply with a generous amount of exaggeration and sarcasm
 :009:
You appear to take great delight in criticising other posters preferences in their choice of party or politicians but never seem put your own head above the parapet and disclose your own political preferences.

4 Likes

Not sure that’s true?

Most people are quite upfront about where their allegiances lie, but also with the present lot on offer, it’s quite feasible a lot of people don’t feel any of them represent them?

But I don’t see any reason to have to declare who you support when criticising a politician?

Surely who I support doesn’t make any difference to, or excuse, the shortcomings and failings of the politician I’m criticising?

And it only gives the fans of that politician a chance to muddy the water and divert the argument by discussing perceived shortcomings of my choice, rather than discussing, explaining and defending the shortcomings of their own

4 Likes