This is what a huge number of people think about the toad, Farage

Nobody carried a smartphone around with them once upon a time Annie, now it’s essential to most…

like I said, sleepwalking into a surveillance society and nobody seems to think it’s disturbing or protesting

1 Like

Looks like Farage image has been altered. Blair has the look, just missing the barcode moustache. Iraq war, Chilcot report: Sent ill-prepared troops into battle and had “wholly inadequate” plans for the aftermath. (sic). An unnecessary war, Lord Cameron voted for. Some memories never fade. Boris made another buffoon statement when he had a pop yesterday.

1 Like

No different than the rest, not sure anymore if he could turn things around, stopping the rot a big ask. People in politics just watch their own back.

Few more worth adding :043:

3 Likes

The more puerile the post, the more obvious it becomes that Farage has the upper hand. He highlights the weakness of the rest.

He won a second @ TRIC award and the press are seething. :rage: :nauseated_face:

3 Likes

No, the press love him.
Not so sure about the people of Clacton where he is known as Fagash Farage.
A demo planned in Clacton this Saturday, may be fun?

2 Likes

Demo about the state of the UK I understand. Demo against a political party I understand. A gathering against an individual just evidence of discrimination.

1 Like

https://x.com/rosiedawson/status/1804932085359989030

This young woman speaking for most I believe, good on her. No malice, just heartfelt opinion of the problems in Clacton, for which the Conservatives and Labour are entirely responsible for. I would vote for her.

Political fodder a unique expression, exactly what the electorate is.

Yes that’s right, a demo against Reform Party Ltd

1 Like

I do not believe that, we shall see come Saturday. He is not the only parachute candidate.

The handful of seats, most valued by the leadership, are those where they can parachute in their own people. (sic)

Ed Balls an individual of integrity, Gangnam style.

Wealthy donors are the influencers of political policies. If their identity is made public then we may have a clue as too what the next government will prioritise.

Proportional representation

This is very popular with Labour members, and after a series of trade unions that had previously opposed the idea changed their stance, Labour’s 2022 conference overwhelmingly backed a motion calling on the party to embrace a proportional electoral system. However, this has no force on the leadership, and while Keir Starmer previously has been advocate of proportional representation, there is no mention of it in the manifesto.

The area seems to have quite a few independent seats.

Someone mentioned their ltd company status on the radio the other day. Used to be called the Brexit party. Thorn in their side ltd currently has a v healthy balance sheet :

2 Likes

I think making lots of money for themselves is what mainly motivates all politicians.

1 Like

Of course it is, they are good at convincing you

:grin:

That is what wealthy business people do, obviously legal. Why is Nigel Farage singled out for his financial acumen? A successful man that is all. Unelected, but undisputedly a cut above the rest because of that fact.

2 Likes

We are all virtue signallers, agree with your comments. Social media has a lot to answer for. Who hasn’t sent a like or emoji.

They can make far far more staying in other careers. You can make £80k driving a train for TFL, let alone the incomes available in law, finance and business.

Probably because about 15 years ago he made some comments about how wealthy individuals shouldn’t use loopholes to avoid tax.

None of this is very interesting but financial behaviour gives us a good picture of the integrity of an individual, which is particularly significant when that individual plans to run Britain someday. He is not singled out for this hauling over coals of his financial affairs. Others are similarly roasted because this information is freely available.