The Humanitarian Crisis In Gaza đŸ‡”đŸ‡ž

In October 1956, Israel invaded the Gaza Strip and occupied it until March 1957. The Israeli military proceeded to round up and execute hundreds of men in Khan Younis and Rafah. The Palestinian feeling at the time was that the goal of the massacres was to incentivize flight, as had been the case with the 1948 massacres.

And some 1000 Palestinians from Gaza fled the violence. In November 1956, the London Times reported, “earlier this afternoon that narrow gateway [the old road between Gaza and El Arish] was choked with fleeing Arab refugees, barefooted or riding distracted donkeys. Many of the refugees had taken to the sea in frail little boats.”

Then Israeli Prime Minister Ben-Gurion was thrilled by the specter of victory, but “shocked” to discover that “the Palestinians did not flee from the IDF as they had in 1948.”

3 Likes
3 Likes

So the airdrops aren’t even working on the entirely cosmetic level intended

3 Likes

Very sensible! Time to veto the veto - it’s been abused for far too long!!

2 Likes

So a group of girls stopped aid getting through thanks to the lenient attitude of the Israeli police.We should be making a noise about stuff like this not for some stupid painting!

3 Likes

Exactly John!!

Perfectly clear who is/isn’t on the right side of history. Those blocking food and aid going to people starving and suffering from genocide, or those protesting against the celebration of people involved in making that genocide possible.

I know who I respect and value as a human being and who I don’t that’s for sure!

4 Likes

Ehud Barak says more than two decades ago he was new enough in Israeli politics to tell the truth. He declared then that if he was a Palestinian, he’d probably be a terrorist.

That comment could have derailed a spectacular military and political career, but the former general chief of staff of the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) went on to become prime minister and defence minister.

“That the IDF is doing everything to avoid civilian casualties is a blunt lie. Straight lie,” former Israeli army commander Yehuda Shaul says.

“And that’s a hard statement to say about my own army, but it’s the truth
Shaul says what Israel is currently doing in Gaza is not going to deliver security for Israel but “sow the seeds of hatreds for generations to come”.

3 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes

At a press conference on Wednesday morning, Israel’s far-right National Security Minister Itamar Ben-Gvir hailed the officer who shot Rami as a “hero and a warrior”, saying he had done an “exemplary job” and would receive the full support of the minister’s office.

Mr Ben-Gvir branded Rami al-Halhouli a “terrorist”.

3 Likes
3 Likes

https://twitter.com/muhammadshehad2/status/1767947872824181044

Israel posts video of them drone striking and killing two Palestinian men supposedly carrying an RPG, but it turns out they were civilians and the “RPG” was a bicycle (warning: video in tweet contains graphic footage):

How can anyone still support the terrorist state of Israel?

3 Likes

Australia has restarted funding to UNRWA with a $6million boost to the $20million it already gives.

4 Likes

Israel’s bombardment of Gaza, in response to the Hamas attacks of 7 October, has destroyed food infrastructure and farmland across the territory. Aid agencies say enhanced Israeli security checks on delivery trucks have created bottlenecks around aid reaching the population.
According to the poverty charity Care, at least 27 people - 23 of them children - have died from malnutrition or dehydration in northern Gaza in recent weeks. The real number, according to doctors from several northern hospitals, is likely to be higher.

Jews were treated like sub humans by the Nazis and now they are doing the same to the Palestinians.They’ve created a holocaust themselves.

4 Likes

Later, the UN human rights chief stressed that the catastrophic hunger in Gaza was “human-made and
 entirely preventable”.

Volker TĂŒrk put the blame firmly on what he called Israel’s “extensive restrictions on the entry and distribution of humanitarian aid and commercial goods, displacement of most of the population, as well as the destruction of crucial civilian infrastructure”.

The restrictions, he warned, “may amount to the use of starvation as a method of war, which is a war crime”.

The USA is complicit in this too,they have no problem sending Israel bombs.

3 Likes

Air strikes in Rafah overnight destroyed an apartment and several houses, killing at least 15 people, including six women and children, hospital officials said.

Any Hamas? Israel doesn’t know or care.

3 Likes

“I’m Alma.”

“Don’t help me first. Help my mum and dad. And please help my brother Tarazan. He’s a baby, 18 months old.”

It’s morning on 2 December 2023, and 12-year old Alma Jaroor has been buried under the rubble of a five-storey building in downtown Gaza City for over three hours.

“I want to see my brothers and sister,” she shouts. “I have missed them.”

But the rescuer reaches Alma first, and she clambers out - unaided - from between jagged slabs of concrete and twisted metal bars.

She is coated in dust but has no major injuries.

They ask where her family is. She points to the rubble on her right and left.

You are not going to defeat them Netanyahu

2 Likes

Another Jewish person standing with Palestinians:

2 Likes

“A long line of blocked relief trucks on one side of the gates, the long shadow of starvation on the other. That is more than tragic. It is a moral outrage.”

2 Likes