The good news and positivity thread

My good news today is just something simple. The sun is shining which always brings a smile upon this face of mine. Im guessing my eyes are smiling too.

Just going to dads with his Sunday roast, so I just know that is going to bring a smile on his face too! Double positivity and happiness

Dad loves his Sunday roasts, we’ll put the world to rights again before he eats it.

Happy Sunday all.

6 Likes

There may be trouble ahead but while there’s moonlight and music and love and romance, let’s face the music and dance. :grin:

3 Likes

The Airfryer has arrived, so no more faffing about parboiling and then oven-cooking Slimming World-style chips and decent chips here I come.
:yum:

3 Likes

I had some brilliant news over the weekend. It wasn’t good news about me but about my dear 42 year old nephew who has struggled and been in pain for many years with Ankylosing spondylitis and always struggled moneywise. He is unable to work because some days he is ok but many days he is just so bad he can’t get out of bed, no employer is going to let him keep a job so he;s struggled on ESA while his girlfriend works full time and had to put so many hours overtime in just to stay above water financially. I told him he needs to go for PIP, he is entitled but he didn’t listen and struggled o, he said he felt a fraud, even though he wasn’t!. Finally he listened and applied for PIP and he has been awarded the top level. So now my nephew can have some kind of life forever not worrying about money.

He got a little back pay and his first port of call for him and his girlfriend was a bed shop, he so needed a good bed for his condition. We both cried together, I was so pleased for them that their money worries were somewhat over. He was overwhelmed, he said 'Auntie Bev, I’ve never had this sort of money and to be able to go out and buy a bed is just so overwhelming. Bless him, they are such a lovely couple who deserve happiness.

When people you love are having nice things happening to them, that’s what I call good news…love this good news ‘channel’

7 Likes

Queenie, this is so brilliant, and I am so happy for your nephew!

2 Likes

I wholeheartedly agree and it really is lovely to see such happiness.
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

My son told me last night that he is Head of new product department now.

He has worked for himself before, but this time he and his partner are building a website that they will be going into business together, he said it will take time to build as you can’t rush these things, so exciting times ahead.

I always say to him,” God Willing”…:heartpulse:

3 Likes

The sun is out so I got the lawn mowed!
:+1:

1 Like

I made it through Week 1 of Exam month unscathed!

:icon_wink:

1 Like

Hi

The nice neighbour has been round.

Finished early because of the river flooding.

Two students with him.needed to do community/charity work today.

A great help, signed off on them.

They have shifted loads from back to front.

They turned down a £40 tip, eventually accepted £10 each.

I am happy.

2 Likes

Superman has “Come Out”

Glad you have some nice neighbours swims

He should have done it 50 years ago like Batman & Robin.

2 Likes

I am considering this is the right place to add about exceptional news as far as I forum member Hedgehopper is concerned.
My wife has come in all bubbly flushed and flustered as she has minutes ago dip tested to be pregnant with our second child. there was me thinking its about time to stop trying and now its done. We are going to have a brother for sister for Tilly :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:
:pray:Baruch atah adonai eloheinu melech ha’olam, hatov vhameitiv :pray:

If all this comes good then i will be off for a vasectomy as soon as number 2 is born

3 Likes

Big Congratulations to you and wife , happy days for the whole family

1 Like

Thanks Eliza. Our little Matilda will be SO excited once it’s confirmed by the doctor :+1:

2 Likes

Always nice to hear news of new Child on the way , lots of planning to do .

1 Like

Congratulations :smiley: :baby:

1 Like

Congratulations :slight_smile: