The good news and positivity thread

The world seems full of bad news, from wars to disease and from threats of impending doom and gloom to the downbeat headlines of any newspaper or TV news broadcast.
But Newton’s Third Law suggests that "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction” which means that there must surely be a lot of good news which we either don’t get told about or just don’t notice.
So if anybody is interested here is the place to post your good news, whether that is something which might be relatively small or more important; whether it is quite personal or if it affects many people; and whether it is well-publicised or kept out of mainstream media.

In light of the above and as a polite request I have asked that this thread be self-moderated, but the rules of posting are quite simple and straightforward:

• No negative comments or posts please.
  • Discussion should be polite, considerate and positive in nature.
  • Keep all posts on-topic.
  • Note that any posts contravening the above may be removed.

In other words, please only post in here if you want to contribute or see good news and posts of a positive nature.

To start the ball rolling:
I’ve just had it confirmed today that I will be getting a refund from my old (and now defunct) electricity supplier and since it will be nearly £100, that is indeed good news.
:clap:

12 Likes

Hi, this is an automated message from your friendly Over50sChat bot :039:

Please note this thread has been tagged with our self-moderated tag - this means the poster of the thread may have requested special rules for their thread :smiley:

Please check the first post of this thread and take extra care to abide by the OP’s rules when posting - since this is considered their personal thread they may request any post that they feel is not within the spirit of the thread to be deleted. If they ask you to refrain from posting any further in their thread please also honour their wish (there are plenty of other threads for you to get involved with after all!). Please also note any rules the creator of this thread may have added are in addition to our standard rules, and may not be used to circumvent or cancel any of our existing policies or posting guidelines.

Thank you for your understanding and for helping make the Over50sChat community the best it can be!

:orange_heart:

1 Like

My positive for today is that I’m in my happy place, drawing and painting, with some good music playing and fine coffee to drink. I also had a lovely email from my son today with more baby pics, so feeling good! :+1:

10 Likes

I think you are wonderful @Zaphod @Zaphod both of you. :icon_wink:

1 Like

My good news is that at long last I have managed to sort out a jumper that I started knitting during the first lockdown! I needed to unpick several rows and then work out the pattern again and feel pleased with myself that I am now back on track.

5 Likes

My good news is, I got off the bus this time at the train station, thinking the afternoon bus stopped here, well it didn’t i was told, good job I asked as I would have been waiting there all afternoon, then asked where the bus station was, I quickly jogged there, with Jack in tow,:sweat_smile:…I just made it ,plus the bus was in its wrong station, anyway I got home, it’s a 3 hr journey from where I live to Newbury,…that’s my good news,:+1:

3 Likes

This little mischief causes a positive happy feeling in my heart .

11 Likes

What a great thread, I can come in here and share all of my good news ,so Zaphod you may be sorry you started this thread.:joy::rofl::+1:,

I may be in here every day!.

3 Likes

Mine too every time you post a photo of him, because he is absolutely adorable.
:heart_eyes:

1 Like

The good news here is that we’ve stopped watching the news, in fact we’ve stopped watching live TV of any sort, saving nearly £160 a year in the process, never been happier… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

Here’s some good and positive news. I attended in my area main hospital at 10:40 today and my appointment was running to time and just as I was told, the whole scanning experience took 50mins. The car park had free spaces and the traffic was minimal.

7 Likes

My good news is, I’ve got Friday and Monday off so a nice long weekend, might be going to Whitby for the day tomorrow and fish and chips for lunch…

5 Likes

My good news, the Spring rain has finally arrived to wash away the winter!

Out with the old and in with the new

It’s a wonderful time of the year :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

I woke up again this morning,… if I can keep doing that I’ve got life sussed.

8 Likes

Feeling upbeat, the weather let me down, couldn’t get out with the camera, but found other rewarding stuff to do.

watched

got emotional, felt proud.

1 Like

My good news is that after months of having no interest in reading, in fact getting extremely irritable and stubborn every time my daughter tried to encourage her to read, my granddaughter has finally ‘clicked’ with it and is romping through all her books at school. (It could have something to do with my daughter telling her that if she doesn’t reach xyz level by the end of the year, then next year she will have to be in a reading group with the year below - this was no idle threat, because my daughter used to work at the school as a TA so she knows this is exactly what happens.)

6 Likes

If it works, it works. So long as your granddaughter enjoys her reading now, who know what adventures await her! :open_book:

1 Like

Our magpie had lost his wife,killed on the road,and he has newly born chicks to feed and protect.We heard him calling in the night and someone answering.And this morning a new girl friend appeared with him to collect the food.The chicks have a much better chance now.

10 Likes

I saw that one today after listening to a Kurt Coain interview in 1993…was a good interview.

1 Like

I had some good news. After seeing an article on Pension underpayments I got in touch with the Department and soon received a back dated cheque for a four figure sum…and then, of course a larger amount each Month to boot…all spent I’ll have you know… :innocent:

5 Likes