Telepathy - do you think it is possible?

Was sat in a friends house watching tv when my dog went to the door and layed down looking intensely at something in the large hallway … we looked at him and ignored him … he looked at us as to say will you come and deal with this !!
This went on for about 20 minutes and then he got up and returned to my feet , about an hour later he hears something and again he goes back to the door and lays down looking into the hallway watching something … a few weeks later and same again , this had happened a few times lately … then my friend calls me to say walking into the hallway and there in the corner was a cat … and it simply vanished !!! I’d forgot about Samson’s reactions to the hallway but when reminded I had to agree that is exactly how he reacts to cats … he saw it whilst we couldn’t and knew ‘it’ was coming and going

They smell fear too!,

Yeah , kids ‘strike’ early these days

Sometimes when you are just about to fall asleep, you hear someone say your name. Could this be a form of telepathy or just your dream state kicking in?

Ooh I got goosebumps reading that!

Wow!..

Rhian, people can say what they wish about ghosts , a little like ufo sightings and make all the excuses in the world , trick of the light , the wind , imagination etc but I know my dog and he doesn’t imagine things and wasn’t just a one off but happened a few times and only in this house … I honestly believe he was watching something intently … then suddenly ( and just the once ) a cat appeared sat in the corner of the hallway then simply disappeared

Our two cats often look out into the hall at the same time and stare. We put it down to a noise next door but sometimes, our neighbours are not even in.

At the risk of you all labelling me as nuts I will throw my idea on the table having studied UFO type things my entire adult life and I honestly believe evolution takes us so far … I get the planet evolved millions of years , plants , micro organisms … birds reptiles mammals and all that … then the apes and man decended from the apes and then we get all kinds of ‘history of man ‘ eventually coming to Stone Age man yes I get that and it’s evolution !
But how about during these thousands and thousands of years god came to earth ( bare with me ! ) we call him god in let’s remember god MADE MAN IN HIS IMAGE … but in reality god is simply an astronaut and finds ‘evolution’ has only got as far as ale like creatures on the earth and so they decided to speed things up a little … a bit of this a it of that and hey presto a modified ape … we now call it genetic engineering ourselves … so they take a little of their DNA mix it with ours and you get a slightly smarter ape creature … you keep going and they get smart enough to develop language , intelligence … now you can communicate with them … they are 20% ‘us’ or whatever … evolution in the microwave and a full 100,000 years in a few generations !!!

A side effect being the 6th sense , telepathy call it what you wish … we got that too as by all accounts alien races communicate by thought and not speech and we’ve inherited it but yet to develope it?

Okay , that’s my theory but if you debunk religion and delete god insert astronaut then slog of the bible starts to make sense … Jesus son of god virgin birth or artificer insemination crossbreed? … angels messengers of the gods that flew down from the heavens or simply ufo pilots ?

There are ancient Egyptian carvings of spacecraft and aliens.

Are there?!!

DONT GET ME STARTED ABOUT THE CRAP WE ARE TAUGHT IN SCHOOLS ABOUT PYRAMIDS !!!

and another thing whilst I’m having my moan how is it the people of Egypt woke up one morning and decided to build the pyramids ? Have a civilisation whilst at the same time in the uk we were building our largest cleverest project … STONEHENGE !!!

Rather a slight difference there in evolution wouldn’t you say ?

In a pyramid they found a dry cell battery and lightbulb !!! FACT

Did anyone see Joanna lumley EGYPT series ? I’m certain you can get it on YouTube or somewhere if not .

Anyway in that series she stumbled across something she made a joke of and didn’t explore further but il try and explain what she missed …

She is sat on a sailboat on the Nile charting to the captain and says so these boats built the pyramids? Yes says the captain , not this actuall boat as this is only 50 year old but exactly the same design vessel yes …
She chats about the boat then asks what the boat can carry and he says about 10 tons … they chat then she says hang on a minute as some of the pyramids are 60 ton blocks … so there was larger ships? No says the captain … then how did you carry 60 ton blocks ? The captain ( it’s there if you watch the series ) says matter of factly … they put the blocks on , sometimes two at a time by levitation and floated them here … she pulls a face to say the skipper is nuts and sits back lol but THATS HOW THEY DID IT … someone else was the brains behind the pyramids !!!

I only whispered it
Sorry if it woke you up!

As I said earlier Marmaduke, I don’t doubt you at all.

Our problem usually is, we always look for logical or scientific reasons for everything, we have lost the ‘art’ of simply ‘accepting.’

None of the animals sit down and try to work it all out with paper and pen, or start googling!
They just simply see, smell, hear, and feel.

In other words, they use the senses they were born with, so consequently theirs are better ‘tuned’ than ours.

All this takes me back to my days as a bookseller.
In particular the book by ERIK VON DANIKEN

“Was God an astronaut”

A sensation in its day but exposed as misleadingly innaccurate in later times

I don’t discount telepathy between living people, though I haven’t experienced it.

I have, as has my sister, had several inexplicable metaphysical (for a lack of a better word) incoming communications. One saved my niece’s life.

My sister (a conservative, well-educated, empirical thinker) describes it like this:

[I]"I was in church on a weekday with my young daughter to dropping off some paperwork. On the way out, I ran into a friend,in the narthex where we chatted for a few minutes. My three-year-old daughter was with me.

In the middle of the conversation, my mind was suddenly, powerfully flooded with muddled words, almost as if people were shouting at me all at once. One of the “voices” told the others to be quiet so he could say it clearly. The message was that my daughter was in danger and was going to fall.

With a door to the right that lead to the sanctuary (that didn’t feel right) and a door to the left that led to the steps outside (that didn’t feel right either), I whipped around and spying steps to the balcony, raced to the top.

Sure enough, there she was - belly down, scooting along a smooth, wooden, foot-wide, sloping balcony railing that was 20 feet above the floor below. Without startling her, I eased up and snatched her out of harms way.

With all my heart and mind, I believe that there was something beyond my own good judgement warning me that my daughter was in grave peri[/I]l."

There’s a lot going on out there, I suspect.

I’m not complaining. :wink: