Tea or Coffee - what do you prefer?

Coffee in the morning, black. After noon I only drink tea - green, chai, peppermint, chamomile.

Then why bother to join, and why post? Iā€™m new here and I had a toot round before deciding to join, and I am finding this forum extremely interested in the different sections. :wink:

Anyhooo! Tea for me every time. Very strong, little milk and three sugars! Yep three! :smiley:

I have a cup of coffee on the odd occasion, but canā€™t drink Nescafe as it gives me stomach ache, so it has to be Douwe Egbertā€™s when I do have coffee. :slight_smile:

I cant stand Tea. Never have liked it. I have to hold my nose if I have to make any visitors a cup I hate the smell that much. :twisted::shock:Love strong Black Coffee though

Lynne darlinā€™ - black coffee is even better with a tot of Brandy or Rum in it :-):wink:

Ughh No!! Dont like Brandy or Rum - or Whisky either. Iā€™m a miserable git!!:smiley: Or a cheap date whichever you prefer :smiley:

Lynne darlinā€™ my doctors are feeding me Warfarin, so officially Iā€™m not allowed alcohol at all, but some mornings, particularly in the winter, a large mug of black coffee topped off with a tot of Brandy or Rum sets me up for the day.

I make a fresh pot of coffee first thing as soon as I get up., I canā€™t take instant coffee for some reason - it gives me stomach ache so it has to be fresh. I noticed Mollie further up the thread said that Nescafe gave her stomach ache, and that is honestly the first person I have ever come across who has the same experience as me (although with me itā€™s all instant coffee). People always look at me as if Iā€™m nuts when I say that ā€¦ so I can now say ā€˜well actually, on the forum I go on, someone else said the same thing!ā€™ :smiley:

I drink water through the day but at bedtime I always like a cup of very weak black tea.

I used to drink tea regularly and coffee occasionallyā€¦nowadays, I prefer coffee and the occasional teaā€¦funny how your taste changes :smiley:

Oh, and I like to drink the fresh coffee too, when I can be bothered to make it, otherwise it has to be Carte Noir for me. :smiley:

Iā€™m a coffee person, with the odd cup of tea in the afternoon sometimes.

Iā€™ve developed a taste for bush tea/ruusboos(?) lately. Must be reading too much No 1 Ladies Detective Agency!

Iā€™ve just googled bush tea and think Iā€™ll give it a try, Hilary ā€¦it says itā€™s also good for insomnia. I suppose that like all herbal teas, itā€™s an acquired taste.

Give it a try Mags
I drink it with milk, like standard tea, and it is a pretty similar taste ā€¦ I think I prefer it to PG Tips etc but that is purely personal
Youā€™re right that it is caffeine free, so better for insomniacs

My grannie didnt drink Coffee as it gave her stomach ache too.Strong Coffee gives me fits so dont drink it any more.

Iā€™ll pass on the milk, I prefer my tea and coffee without:-D
Iā€™ll have a look in Sainsburyā€™s tomorrow to see if they stock itā€¦

If you canā€™t find it locally Mags, itā€™s probably at any of the online tea vendors; Iā€™ve seen it whilst ordering my tea. Never tried it, I generally donā€™t care for tisanes; but it would be wonderful if it helped your insomnia! Give it a try, canā€™t hurt.

Thanks Eileen, Iā€™m willing to give it a try :wink:

They also sell it on Amazonā€¦

Is there anything that Amazon doesnā€™t sell? :roll:

Not a lot! :mrgreen:

I love their gourmet grocery section: buy a lot there that the local supermarkets donā€™t or have stopped carrying! :smiley:

I think Iā€™ll have to look at that section closer to see what they do carryā€¦

Like me Mags darlinā€™ - we prefer adding Rum or Brandy to our coffee:lol::lol::lol: