Spontaneous combustion in London?

I have a very close friend from East London. Her dad worked at the fish market and with a family of 4 daughters money was tight, but they were all well mannered and grew up to do well for themselves by working hard.
You tend to judge people by what you read in the news, but just because they live in poorer areas doesn’t mean they are drug addicts or criminals, because many are nice people! They don’t deserve to have their houses burned down or die in the fire, as you suggest.
Were you never taught to get to know people better before you hope they have such a misfortune! If so, it says more about your attitude than the people who live in poor circumstances in our capital city!

3 Likes

In many ways yes, and and quite content with it.

Fire is indiscriminate.

It’s not the huge minority of people who live in London who are decent people but have been unable to escape from what is now widely known as “Londonistan”. Instead it’s the now majority of “Mandem” who now have infested the place and are spreading their filth beyond the M25 along County Lines and supporting the increasing colonies.

In a way I understand AT .
London is not a good place now .
Of course I don’t want people to be burned to death in fires it is however a place that is not good filled with people often violent and dangerous who are not British people . It is in fact like another country .,but it is not alone so many of our cities are alien places where the average ethnic British person does not feel at home.

3 Likes

Ever heard of collateral damage?

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions.

Yes of course I have.
I’m a Londoner, my family can be traced back to the 1700’s in Southwark
London has and always will change.
To be candid I largely don’t enjoy London anymore, I just feel that your post refering to gasoline was profoundly unpleasant.

Just as an aside, have you read Jerry White’s London In The 19th Century?

Then if you are both objecting to the people who are immigrants, legal or illegal , perhaps you should complain to the home office.
If immigrants are committing dangerous crimes most know that I would be happy to hang them, but not every immigrant in London deserves to die when they are just trying to live their lives.
Isn’t that why we had a law about racial prejudice? Not all immigrants are evil .
When the Windrush people came here many showed prejudice then, but a lot stayed and became British citizens. We cant judge them all by the colour of their skin or their religion, but our government should only allow those, that can show documents to prove they have been accepted, to remain here.

1 Like

When did I say immigrants deserve to die ?
I said exactly the opposite I don’t want anyone to die in a fire .
Yes many immigrants are dangerous and should be deported and many of them live in our cities .
They often come from countries where life is cheap women are second class citizens and corruption is rife . Instead of embracing the British culture they seek to change the U.K. into what they have left and it seem they are succeeding .
I do in fact complain to my MP ( chocolate teapot as he is ) about the situation re illegal immigration

1 Like

I never said you did, but saying that you understood AT’s opinion of London implied that you were not appalled by his suggestion that it was ok if they burned to death!
Sorry, maybe I worded my reply wrongly as I knew you were not saying that, and was just suggesting that you both write to the home office regarding your worries about London.

1 Like

London? I wouldn’t live anywhere else.

It’s not for the weak-kneed, racist, classist old bigot.

That’s what I like about it.

:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Re fires … there has been stories in the press about fires in London, but Essex, Kent or wherever in out in the sticks. God bless them.

1 Like

It never had anything to do with the colour of their skin Twink, in fact, Doncaster has become a no go area at night due to the stabbings. You could walk around safely just a few years ago, but since the influx of Romanians, Bulgarians and other basically white immigrants from eastern European countries you will be mugged, intimidated and/or stabbed to death. You tell me if you think there is another reason for the violence in our neighbourhood.

2 Likes

The two big fires where at Wennington and Dagenham.

Both in Greater London

Wennington lost 19 houses and 14 For Dagenham.

Walk 20 yards East from Wennington and you are not in London any more.

1 Like

So I’m a fool? Ask me if I care! Trust me, I’ve been called MUCH worse! It’s like ducks water off my back.

It implies nothing of the sort ,I pointed that out in my first post .

I don’t believe you’re a fool for one moment, I’m really not sure why you think that I might have assumed that you are.

You and @Cinderella posted next to each other and look very alike with the purple C’s. Todger was replying to Cinderella…it can be confusing, I know but its the software who chooses the colours. Stick a wee picture on your profile when you get a chance so we can tell you apart! :joy:

1 Like

Being intentionally malicious is a disease.