Spontaneous combustion in London?

Londons burning in this heatwave !!
Houses burning down ! Back gardens complete with sheds and fences
ablaze! Who would have thought it ??
Donkeyman! :-1::frowning::frowning::frowning::-1:

Joe Strummer…The Clash

1 Like

Or this if you want some drama

They said on our local news tonight that there have been 24 (or 28?) fires around this area today, but alot of them were started deliberately.
This sort of thing often happens when the kids have broke up during the summer.
Little brats.

3 Likes

Sadly it’s more common up here as well…there have already been a couple of fires on the hills by my place. Our kids broke up a couple of weeks ago, so the boredom is setting in now. I worry about the deer and other wildlife…their babies must be so scared!

3 Likes

They were talking on the news tonight about deer have bred so successfully, some people want to start culling them! Why do humans have such a killing lust, I wonder . . .
Are they still killing badgers?

2 Likes

Thankfully there so kids where we live. The nearest are in a new estate about 2 miles away.

1 Like

Don’t know about Badgers, Mups, but they brought back Beavers up here and are culling them. Its ridiculous!

Kids wander, Todger…2 miles is nothing to them. Be careful out there…the feral kids are watching youuuuu! :joy:

Some humans think that they are better than those organisms they want to kill!

1 Like

The estate kids don’t like the old (original and unspoiled) part of the village. We’re all more than happy with that.

The only smoke I smell here in Hammersmith is the same old weed you’d expect on a summers afternoon.

3 Likes

Sadly it’s more common up here as well…there have already been a couple of fires on the hills by my place. Our kids broke up a couple of weeks ago, so the boredom is setting in now. I worry about the deer and other wildlife…their babies must be so scared!

It’s because there are no natural predators mups, in nature, numbers are controlled naturally, humans have to step in or we would be inundated with deer, ( or whatever)…

What if the deer stepped in because they are inundated with humans? And they were here first…I think :017:

1 Like

Dunno about London fires but there’s been a big bang at the Hoover Dam where a transformer has blown out. Deffo narstiy!

Here you go…

@The_Artful_Todger, What ??
Could you ere it in Norfolk. !!!
Donkeyman! :+1::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::+1:

Possibly, but we’re in Suffolk. Not much gets past us!

1 Like

are we approaching the biblical endtimes?? yahahhaa!!

What else is new?

London’s burning, London’s burning.
Fetch the engines, fetch the engines.
Fire Fire, Fire Fire!
Pour on water, pour on water.

Fire Fire, Fire Fire!

Fire Fire, Fire Fire!

1 Like

Oh heck didn’t see this thread before I started a similar one .Sorry !