Spontaneous combustion in London?

Did the fires start because of a barbecue? Because I can’t imagine a house just setting on fire without cause.

I have read about, not known…houses that have gone on fire because someone had a vase, or a mirror, or even some glasses lying on the windowsill, and the sun reflected off them to start burning.

1 Like

@LionQueen , There were several seperate fires on the go at the same
timeLQ !
The one where a block of houses was destroyed is thought to have been
caused by a compost heap on an allotments !!( spontaneous combustion) ?
Looking at some of the footage of the fires l suspect it was made worse
by the cladding and insulation products used in the roof spaces ??
Donkeyman! :-1::frowning::frowning::-1:

If Londistan WAS burning I would like the word “water” replaced with gasoline.

I do not believe you can really mean that, a wicked thing to say. :worried:

1 Like

I mean every damn word of it.

I am not keen on London, your view is most disturbing.

1 Like

But why? It’s a den of iniquity, the principle centre of the Country Lines drug distribution, a literally dirty filthy place, huge reluctance to take up covid immunisation and to put it bluntly it is like a foreign land.

There is one in Norfolk now would you like to see Norfolk raised to the ground too ?

Obviously not, nor Suffolk but neither counties have population centres anywhere near as foul as London.

There are good and bad parts of London, but surely you are not suggesting that people who live in the poorer parts deserve to lose their possessions or even their lives?

1 Like

“No one was injured in the blaze and there is no disruption to the power grid, the Bureau of Reclamation said in a statement. The blaze was extinguished within about 30 minutes before firefighters from the Boulder City fire department arrived on scene, the Nevada city reported on Facebook.”

1 Like

At the VERY least.

And what about the ‘Bad points’ Todger?

I dont know why you say such awful things, but it doesn’t impress anybody, it just makes you sound like a nasty uncaring person…so nothing like the others on this site! :astonished:

3 Likes

I agree Twink…

I don’t want or try to impress anybody. It’s exactly how I feel about things. Truth is that in many respects I AM an uncaring person where people are concerned just much more so in some cases.

So how many people do you know that live in the poorer areas of London?

These days none and don’t want to know any of this lot. 40 to 50 years ago a very great many but of them many have died or taken part in White Flight.

Misanthrope