Spontaneous combustion in London?

Checkout your — observation — about three hours past.

Probably so, but I’m not intentionally malicious. I am just the way that I am.

I just have,
You’ve lost me, would you care too be more specific?

Look back on the observations you have made dearheart!

Oh dear,

Do you have something to say or not ?
I’m turning in very shortly.

What is race and racism? Race can mean a person’s colour, nationality, ethnicity or citizenship. It’s a protected characteristic in law under the Equality Act 2010 1 in England, Scotland and Wales, and the Race Relations Order 1997 2 in Northern Ireland.

When I mentioned colour or religion I was referring to AT’s objections, but it is still racial prejudice against Romanians, Bulgarians. If they commit a crime it is the Law’s job to deal with them and all people of the same race should not be criticized. That is what the law says!

We NEED rain and more rain :point_down:

No point fishin’ where the fish ain’t at. Quote from Rex Hunt aka the Bearded Burbler.

1 Like

Just because there are laws protecting them from discrimination Twink…Doesn’t mean it wasn’t them…
That’s the reason why the child sex offenders in Bradford got away with it for so long. Because the police were frightened of being called racists.

2 Likes

Bleedin heck. This thread has descended from a sympathetic comment about the fires during a terrible heat wave into something full of nasty meanness. Essentially we have individuals being proud to be against anything that is not english white. That is horrible. And also simplistic and naïve. Given that we are talking about the great international city of London.
Calling our capital city Londonstan misses the primary problem of the 21 century for London. Calling it Londongrad gets closer to the worst issue. Read up on this problem.
Deciding that the problem with London is immigration misses the other major challenge for this great city. That is homelessness and the wealth divide. Oh, and please do a bit of history and trace back the immigrants to London over the centuries. I suspect we will need to include the anglo-saxons. And Huguenots. And Jews escaping Germany. Or maybe some people regret all these arrivals as well?
One person gloated that they do not care about criticism and ‘they don’t lose sleep over it’ (or similar). That is the problem. We all need to gloat less and inform ourselves more.

Most of the problems in this country began when the population doubled and there wasn’t enough roads, schools, doctors, utilities and services to go round. It doesn’t matter from whence they came, or what colour or religion, they were encouraged to come here by various governments so they would expand the economy and make the governments of the time look better than the last. But the reverse is now happening and we are being dragged down to the level of a third world country. We are being destroyed by our own greed, higher wages, less work and more credit.
Also…Our society is becoming more complex by the day, which means it takes much less extreme weather to screw it up, weather that would have passed unnoticed 60 years ago.

2 Likes

Been to London recently?

Avatar says he’s in France, Todger.

Some one who doesn’t live here telling us how awful we are, really you wonder why hundreds of illegal immigrants are coming here everyday why aren’t they staying in France ?

3 Likes

They might all be masochists who get off on suffering.

No! All those went to Australia…Don’t know how you can stand all that heat…
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Then perhaps we should teach out police , lawyers and courts that, if all are equal the same punishments should apply to all races.
I have always judged people by how they behave, not by their race …shame the people who enforce the law can’t do the same!

1 Like

I know it’s a complex issue but I wish we could go back to having more bobbies on the beat.
I was brought up to respect the police, respect not fear.

I remember if you were pulled up by The Met during the 70’s you didn’t get aggressive and answer back, it just wouldn’t have been tolerated!

2 Likes

It was mostly the same in the 60’s too and not just in the Met.

1 Like

Hey, something we agree on! And here you hit some of the core issues. Growth has relied on credit and consumerism. This meant ditching manufacturing in favour of sectors that seem to avoid difficult workers relations (retail & services where workers are paid a pittance and have no rights) or finance (where workers are simply motivated by money and bonuses). The very high earnings for a few are often at the cost of very low wages for many. The tax system is unfair and the very wealthy avoid taking on their fair contributions. The 10 years of cuts has left so much of what was a robust infrastructure on its knees. It is always good to agree on at least some points.

1 Like