So what do you vegetarians do on a Tuesday?

Theres something about butternut squash that we can’t quite get over and enjoy the flavour of. Totally personal opinion, of course.

1 Like

I prefer my butternut squash creamed into a soup. We certainly all have our differences.

2 Likes

Well this tuesday I had veggie sausages (Richmond’s) mash, veg and gravy ! :grin:
Yumski!

Today I’ll have leftover mash reheated with chicken (quorn) casserole (batch frozen)… or pasta bake and a couple of slices of garlic bread.

Parents Evening tomorrow after school so it’ll probably something quick like an omelette or fish fingers and salad sandwich

I have 1/2 a chinese meal, frozen from a couple of weeks ago so I’ll have that as a treat on friday.

Saturday I usually make posh nosh with chips or a curry or risotto or fajitas (halloumi for me)… all home made… even the guacamole and wraps and salsas

Sunday… usually a full roast (with home made lentil wedges for me) but sometimes I’ll cook a chilli or a casserole/stew and have them with a jacket potato.

Mondays can be bubble and squeak and/or re-hashed leftovers with cold meat/ lentil wedges.
Sometimes I’ll make a quiche if there aren’t many leftovers and have that with salad and a slice of homemade bread or baby new potatoes
Other times, a veg lasagna with salad

2 Likes

Then again…
Some days… I’ll have beans on toast with cheese and brown sauce!!
Or 1/2 a pizza!!

1 Like

I’ve always got frozen soups too.
I make a mean Broccoli soup and I put a few cubes of white stilton in, just before serving/eating

2 Likes

Yesterday was Tuesday and it could have been a veggie day … I made one of my all time favourite suppers: broccoli & cheese sauce. Then Mrs d00d said we must finish off the last of the roast lamb … tutt.

1 Like

What were you going to serve it with @d00d ?

just on it’s own. We have it quite regularly for supper. And we usually have cheese after main supper dish, but not cheese then more cheese, so we might have a sweet … Jamaica Ginger Cake last night.

1 Like

Tonight I aim to do potato, onion, cabbage & cheese … something like in the video above, but I’ll do it in the oven. We have a jar of anchovy fillets, may try a little on the side, olives too.

1 Like

Sounds like an eclectic mixture of tastes and cuisines that but very scrummy too.
I finally acquired a taste for olives (black are best) and anchovies when I was nearing my 30s.
Anchovies need a gentle touch though… they can easily dominate everything else in a meal

2 Likes

You’ve got to be careful … anchovies as a separate, complimentary flavour rather than flavouring everything.

1 Like

This Wednesday’s menu for me:

ROAST PUMPKIN AND BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
Served with ricotta, pine nuts and crispy sage.

SWEET POTATO KERALAN CURRY
with Chickpeas, broccoli, coriander, coconut and chilli,
served with jasmine rice

MINI CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES
with a liquid salted caramel centre

(And I didn’t have to cook any of it!) :yum:

2 Likes

Have you tried Kalamata Olives?
I love most olives but these are my absolute favourite

2 Likes

I wondered what the hell is a Butternut Squash and discovered it is a pumpkin.

When I first came to Australia in the 60s the first meal I sat down to at the guest house I was staying at had this strange orange vegetable. I asked what it was and was told “pumpkin”, my farmer uncle used to grow pumpkin for pigs

For the next 50 years I never ate it because it was synonymous with pig food, if it was on my plate I just left it. Recently I started buying these $5 meals which included pumpkin so I tried it. I can’t say it is something I really enjoy but unlike cabbage and other green vegetables it is not unpleasant so now I eat it.

As for soup:

This line from a play rather sums up my feelings - “I never understood soup, you don’t need a knife and fork to eat it so it is not food so it must be a drink in which case I’d rather have a schooner”

Too much cheese last thing at night …Most athletes that I have associated with (including me) never eat cheese. To many fats.
:running_man:

Butternut Squash and Pumpkin are similar but not quite the same - they don’t taste the same to me.

1 Like

No you are quite right I should have said Butternut Pumpkin is A pumpkin (oh! I did).

1 Like

I don’t even know why I read this thread…
Perhaps it’s because it’s either this or discussing the rules, and this seems a modicum more exciting…

2 Likes

That is a matter of opinion OGF lol

Aren’t forums made up of 70% Opinions, 10% speculation, 10% fact,10% utter bollix…and 10% downright lies!

2 Likes