So what do you vegetarians do on a Tuesday?

Tonight I did grated potato (squeezed), grated carrot (just a little), leek finely copped, two eggs, seasoning, cheese. Mixed up and baked.

Very nice, proper nosh, nothing artificial, simply, tasty, yum.

2 Likes

D00d, It sounds nice enough but is that filling enough for a man?

Not for this man it isnā€™t.
:sunglasses:

3 Likes

I must be having a senior moment but apart from that sounding yummytummydelicious, what has it got to do with Tuesday?

4 Likes

It means, when you eat food like that you get a ā€˜brain fadeā€™!!
Only joking!!

2 Likes

Iā€™m eating out on Sunday, so tonight I had a ā€œbottom of the fridgeā€ casserole to use up all the bits and pieces of veg that need eating up before I go shopping on Monday.
I used a leek, a red onion, some garlic, a couple of large carrots, a bit of swede and celeriac, a few new potatoes, a handful of green beans, simmered in a bit of veg stock - when it was almost cooked, I stirred in a can of mixed beans in a mexican tomato sauce for a bit of protein and spicy flavour.
Yummy.

I havenā€™t thought far enough ahead for Tuesdayā€™s meal yet! :wink:

1 Like

That is almost exactly the description, word for word, on the tin of kangaroo meat and vegetable dog food I opened this morning to feed my sonā€™s dog. :wink:

1 Like

Old man like me, not the raving carnivore I once was ā€¦ itā€™s got quite a lot of potato, itā€™s got 3 smallish leeks, egg & cheese, thatā€™s plenty for man & wife.

But Iā€™ve got plans ā€¦ the Polish shop do a mean rollmop. Nice on the side?

1 Like

ā€¦ if itā€™s what it says on the tin (?)

A quiet night in. The day between one w/e and the next.

1 Like

Some nice strips of lean roast beef would make that so nourishing and tasty Bootā€¦Yum!
:yum:

My mother liked those - I am not so keen.

Will washing the floor give you an appetite d00d?
:yum:

Did you drop the eggs in whole or whisk them first?

Nah ā€¦ Iā€™ve learnt not to beat egg, they turn to water. I broke a couple on to the veg and folded it in with a rubber spatula.

3 Likes

Each to their own, OGF - It may be nourishing and you may find it tasty but it would not be tasty to me.
I have never liked the taste or texture of animal flesh and have always avoided eating it since I was a toddler and didnā€™t even know what it was - I just knew it tasted horrid and made me feel sick!
I have tried little bits of different meat now and then over the years but still cannot stomach it.

My son is the same about all types of mushrooms - he has never been able to stomach them, even before he was old enough to know what they were, just as I have never been able to stomach meat.
I never tried to force him to eat them - he has tried them a few times as a grown up and he still cannot stomach them.

2 Likes

What do we omnivores do on a Sunday? I hear you ask.

Yesterday I made seven meals of sausage, ,onion, potato, veggies and gravy to freeze.

The sausages were seven left over from Christmas; 4 spicy Chorizo (pork and veal) and 3 beef that I had kept in my freezer. Fired up the BBQ to cook them with a couple of onions.

Used some of the containers I had collected after my $5 meals from The Pantry@Corrimal.

4 Likes

Presumably, not celebrate a day named after Tiu (or Tew.) An old Germanic god of war.

1 Like

Not a clue. Lol.

I just found Penina Petersonā€™s blog the other day. Lots of good money saving tips regarding batch cooking on there. Have you heard of her (being Aussie anā€™ all, I assume you know most people living over your way :joy: )