So what do you vegetarians do on a Tuesday?

I’ve never heard of her but that doesn’t mean much, my most modern cook is Margaret Fulton and she died quite a few years ago in her 90s.

Come on Bratti … what do veggies really eat?

Got any quick & easy recipes?

I might give this a go …

I don’t know any vegetables with mouths! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::laughing:

and potatoes with eyes?

1 Like

Baked potato skins are nice. Bake potatoes . Scoop insides out and leave 1/4 inch thick skins .
Load skins up with cheese, olives, hot peppers, chives or whatever you fancy.

I’m not vegetarian but love vegetables so eat them often.

Greek salad with olives, red onion, peppers, cucumber and feta cheese. A nice vinaigrette with dried oregano

Caesar salad

Fresh pasta with pesto sauce
Fresh pasta with freshly made tomato sauce
Fettuccine Alfredo

Zuchinni noodles and sauce

Spanish omelette with air fried potatoes

Cauliflower rice

Gluten free pizza

Butternut soup
Leek and potato soup
Mushroom

Steamed cauliflower and broccoli with cheese sauce

Freshly baked tea biscuits
Pancakes or waffles
Quiche

The list is endless

1 Like

I love a simple dish of pasta with a bit of fresh pesto stirred into it.
During lockdown, when I couldn’t spend most of the year travelling, I decided to try a bit of “self-sufficiency” while I was stuck at home all Spring and Summer, so I started growing a bit of veg.
My lovely friends and neighbours gave me some spare seedlings and seeds to start me off, including some seeds for French Breakfast Radishes - who knew French folk ate radishes for breakfast?! - anyway, I’m not that keen on radishes - these long cylindrical radishes were quite mild but not my cup of tea.
However, I discovered that the leaves of the radishes were very tasty, fresh and peppery - I found that if I gathered the leaves while they were young and tender, they could be blended with pine nuts and olive oil to make a lovely pesto - the radish leaves make a nice peppery change from pesto made with basil leaves.

3 Likes

A nice homemade pasta dish can be heavenly. That’s a great idea. I personally have never tried pesto with radish leaves.

We grow tomatoes, peppers, onions, celery, oregano, thyme , rosemary and enough things to make spaghetti sauce . At harvest time we make large batches of it and can it. It’s handy for when we come back from shopping since pasta doesn’t take long to make.

Alfredo and pesto we make from scratch when needed with fresh grated Parmesan as well as pesto. Normally I have a basil plant in my windowsill. While cooking , I take little snips here and there.

When my basil starts looking a bit sadly I chop the whole thing & make fresh pesto. My husband won’t eat it but that’s ok; more for me. :drooling_face:
A nice pasta dish is wonderful

3 Likes

And here’s me thinking I’m all that with my pasta, tuna & sweetcorn dish tonight! :joy: I need to get some herbs started…I did make my own pesto before and it was lovely…too lovely actually, I ate it right out of the jar :blush: I’d love to see herbs on my windowsill again :seedling:

2 Likes

That’s a fine list. We, being veggie 50% of the time, do much of the same.

So Bratti, what’s for Saturday night?

So what do you vegetarians do on a Tuesday? was the heading question

I suspect if a man he gets on with his carrot and nuts
and a women does the same with her melons

well the question was asked so what did you expect :innocent:

Edited

Air fried potato slices / wedges

With creamy coleslaw

errr … I don’t like to be picky or anything but I don’t think Vegetarians would be cooking up anything containing 2lbs of Chicken Wings on a Tuesday or any other day of the week! :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I’m just answering the question honestly. I’ve already confessed to not being vegetarian. Most food I eat is vegetarian however I live with a man who doesn’t so I compromise.

I was asked what’s for dinner Saturday night but what’s for vegetarian Tuesday dinner? I answered honestly not what I thought others would appreciate

Ah, right - Saturday Night is not a vegetarian night, then - I get ya! :wink:

This is the OP’s post and question asked of me. He’s 50% vegetarian so I assumed he’d appreciate it.

For those vegetarians disappointed in the chicken wing recipe.

Vegetarian quiche which can easily be converted into gluten free.

2 Likes

Maybe somene can explain to me.
Vegiterians eat veg not meat because of meat comes from living animals that have been killed. Surely vegitable grow as well, so they are also living , By this reasoning are not vegiterians also killing plants.
Don’t plants also have feelings too and to rip them out of the ground is just as bad??? or removing their offspring growing on them so to speak

I just don’t get it

1 Like

No pain, no gain. I’m vegetarian 50% of the time because I love some veggie meals as much as, or more than, dead animal. Guilty of killing, m’lud, with beetroot blood on my hands.

2 Likes

I’ve no idea why vegetarians don’t eat meat or why non vegetarians do. The only thing I can assume is that it’s their own personal preference just like all their other personal preferences. They do it cause that’s what they prefer.

2 Likes