Six Years on

I agree…he is playing dangerous games in Ukraine. I also believe he is a narcissist…self serving to the end, no matter who he tramples on. He wants a war on his sheet, just like the rest of them did, and he is quite happy to take us all down with him,
Many relationships, many babies…having an affair while his wife was undergoing cancer treatment.
Sofagate was no accident either. He knew he would get caught with that.

3 Likes

I don’t know if it is a disorder, but I would certainly say not a personality type that should ever be put in a position of responsibility.

2 Likes

LOL! Ain’t THAT the truth!

1 Like

I agree. I believe she’s called Carrie.

It was the UK who wrote most of the workers rights and the UK go further than the EU. Thanks to Tony Blair our human rights are stricter than those imposed by the EU. Why do you think Macron laughs at us. Thankfully the Tories are trying to change some of these UK laws now. And as for the environment:

And Germany is one of the continent’s worst offenders, producing almost 60 per cent more per head.

If everyone in the UK drove an electric vehicle, only used sustainable power and produced zero carbon emissions…Our effect on the planet would be 1.1%…

According to wiki…
The chart below shows the largest emitting countries in 2018. Taken together, these five countries accounted for 58% of global emissions. The UK ranked 17th with 1.1% of global emissions. China produced 28% and was responsible for almost two-thirds of the growth in emissions since 2000.2 Jun 2021

Because they still burn coal…
as should we.

1 Like

As I wrote on the other thread:

If coal reduces the quality of air I disagree. We have respiratory problems on the rise here and that’s one of my reasons for voting for Brexit the more people there is, the worse the quality of air gets.

I remember reading once that the parts of the UK where the air quality is the worst is because of the wind blowing the air across from Germany.

Hot water has been found in the old coal mines in the red wall seats which can be used for heating in the same way as they are using them in Cornwall.

1 Like

@wendeey , Hot water in old mines ??
Is that so?
What heats the water ?
Is it geo thermal heat?
Praps l should google it as it sounds interesting ?
Donkeyman! :+1::grin::+1:

The prevailing wind here is South South Westerly with North Westerly as the second most common. Think about it.

Yes, it was always much hotter in deep coal mines. Nearer to the core, of course.

This is about the Cornwall mines, but have just read today that Tory MPs are exploring the same for the red wall seats.

https://www.cornwall.gov.uk/council-news/environment-culture-and-planning/could-abandoned-mines-heat-homes-in-cornwall/

Think about what?

Well where is Germany relative to the UK? It makes the possibility of polution being blown to the UK not impossible but very unusual. Anyway, how are things on the planet Zog these days?

Yes of course. Coal mines, tin mines, gold mines, the lot providing they are deep enough.
I’m surprised that that potential source of energy has pretty much been ignored until now.
A great advantage is that as the centre of the earth has been so hot for millennia and is not going to cool down for many more millennia, it is a potential source of energy which is not going to run out any time soon.

I mentioned this on another thread but was shouted down by some aussie bloke…He reckons I talk bollocks.

1 Like

Don’t listen to loud Foxy, there is a lot of Bollocks talked on here, its what makes the Forum go round. :smiley:

2 Likes

your big problem imo is the “elephant in the room” on this issue - " compulsory vote" - this should have been mandated - there wasn’t one - if it had had been for the entire country then at least it would have been final either way - a decision for a true majority not the ayes the nos and the I don’t give a damns! on such a serious serious topic imo it should have been compulsory voting

Why gummy, the issue wasn’t that Big.

1 Like

@JBR , Well l just googled it, and it seems uk are behind the curve on
this technology, as both Holland and Newfoundland of all places
have working systems up and running based on old coal mines !!
They are used to heat public buildings , warehouses and also private
housing !
We have started developing one up in County Durham which allready
heats a warehouse and some other buildings, it can be used for airconditiong
in summer too!!
I think it has great potential allthough it is expensive to instal due to the
use of heat pumps and boreholes etc !
There are old mines around my area, l wonder if the local vouncil has
any plans for them ??
Donkeyman! :+1::thinking::thinking::thinking::+1: