Six Years on

‘Course I’m coming back :rofl: This is my country and I love it and I’m proud of it, …. and I’m needed to save her from you Brexiters!

I’d never live anywhere else and I’m probably a lot more patriotic than some Brexiters :uk::eu:

Well done.Almost single handed you beat back the forum’s reactionaries.I wouldn’t have the patience.

1 Like

Well, thank you, kind sir

I quite enjoy a good scrap as long as it doesn’t start getting too personal, nasty or boring for everyone else :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s good for us oldies to have strong opinions and disagree sometimes, good for the liver and shows there’s life in us yet! Too much agreeing with each other can get boring too :yawning_face::yawning_face::yawning_face::yawning_face::yawning_face:

Anyway, some of my best friends are reactionaries…… :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Like what ?

Why do remainers say this and then, when asked, can’t give any examples ?

Remember the vaccines ?

The EU were light years behind the UK.

Do you have any examples of why Brexit is a disaster or, let me put it another way, which of any of the predictions by project for actually came true ?

@Psmith Do you actually know what a reactionary is Smiffy ??
Maree is a prime example !! LOL!
Donkeyman! :hugs::hugs:

The Brexiteers are the reactionaries.Rule Britannia and all that type stuff.

1 Like

@Psmith Nah, Maree is reacting to BREXIT!!
As are the former beneficeries of membership who represent the status quo !!
Donkeyman! :hugs::hugs:

6 years on and look at the state of the country. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Really it comes down to one thing. The majority voted to escape from the singularly undemocratic EC so put up or shut up.

3 Likes

If anything, we haven’t Brexited enough.

We are reducing our import tariffs to help with the cost of living crisis. We wouldn’t be able to do this if we were in the EU.

@Bread , But we dont apply tariffs to EU goods do we ??
Thats where most of our imports come from , especially food !!
So whats the point ??
We should have replaced EU suppliers with alternatives by now !!
Donkeyman! :-1::frowning::-1:

Our tariffs affect outside the EU - we have an FTA with the EU but we still have tarrifs on imports from other countries (such as the USA).

We will replace EU suppliers by reducing tariffs on other countries we do not have a FTA with.

@Bread , Yeah l thought thats what it was !!
Still cant make out why we are still reliant on EU imports though ??
To me it implies an unwillingness to change and a lack of imagination !!
Donkeyman! :-1::frowning::-1:

1 Like

So Johnson rewards his Brexit allies with a seat in the singularly undemocratic House of Lords. :grinning:

1 Like

Exactly Pixie

That’s nothing to do with BREXIT per se, that’s 100% down to this appalling corrupt government.

1 Like

Mmm, not all down to Brexit though Pixie, there have been other events in case you hadn’t noticed… :nerd_face:

At the moment though it looks like the whole world is going to hell in a handcart… :flushed:

2 Likes

6 years on - and still not sorted! -

Jeez! That’s one slow defrost for an oven ready chicken!

1 Like