Six Years on

Only a permanent divide because Remainers types won’t accept the outcome. If they had embraced the result instead of fighting it at every turn, they could have made a valuable contribution in making sure that our leaving worked.

5 Likes

In your opinion only - it remains to be seen whether the future will be successful. There’s forty or so years - the same amount of time as our “enforced membership” to get rid of the stain of the EU and thrive.

1 Like

The irony is that if the EU had given Cameron the few scraps he was asking for instead of Frau Merkel giving a firm “Nein”, the Referendum may not even have taken place.

1 Like

I think the same . Instead of crying, the remainers could have sucked it up and accepted the result and had they pulled together instead of against, our country could be so much better, instead they prefer to still throw the dummy out after all this time and continually try throw a spanner in the works and go against.

The remainers don’t WANT it to work just so they can say ‘told you so’

6 Likes

Our leaving can never work, supporting it just prolongs the agony

Fighting it, and the type of thinking and attitudes behind it is the right thing to do

And that is why the divide is permanent and lifelong for me

The Brexiters can force us to leave but they can’t bully us into crying Uncle and saying it was a good idea or into going along with it

Why should we pull with the Brexiters towards a goal we don’t think is achievable and that we think is bad for ourselves and our country, though?

1 Like

And why continually pull against. Power of the people (together) could bring about great things and make Britain Great again.

3 Likes

@Judd Bloody great weren’t it ??
I’d given up, then bit by bit it went other way !!
Never thought it would get so shitty though !!
Donkeyman! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Well not just my opinion, in the opinion of lots of other Remainers too! :rofl:

What I was trying to say was, if that was also Dimbleby’s opinion I don’t see why you were surprised at his reaction when he announced it? :face_with_monocle:

A lot of us were, and still are, bitterly disappointed that our fellow countrymen would do that to us, and of course our faces showed it

And the glee and gloating reactions from the Brexiter’s to our disappointment, grief and anger, inflamed the situation and the made the divide worse, and is still doing so on threads like this :frowning:

As for 40 years, I don’t think it will take 40 years for Brexit to ruin our country, it’s just a shame the rest of us will have to suffer for what the Brexiters have done :frowning:

But not as great as if we had stayed in the EU and pulled together there

Or if we go back in and pull together there

In my opinion, Brexit greatly lessened our chances of making Britain great again and that is why I’ll pull against it’s worst excesses and thinking

Why would anybody pull together with people who are pulling in a direction you don’t want to go and which you think is wrong?

You don’t think that if the Remain camp had won, they wouldn’t have been shouting and cheering? How naive.

4 Likes

@Maree HA!HA! Your avatar should be Donkeywoman !!
Donkeyman! :+1::hugs::hugs::+1:

1 Like

Nah, can’t do that, people would think we’re an item!

Oh, all right, just for you!

How did you even know. You had just heard leave had won and shouted oh no. You didnt accept it or wait to see what would happen you just continually shouted negativity at it.

The country has been given barely a chance because of remainers still after all this time. If brexit fails it’s quite possibly because of remainers trying to stop it working .

By the way I never gloated…there is a difference between feeling the right result won through than rubbing opposition noses in it. I understood remainers would be unhappy but never did I expect them to try MAKE sure Brexit didn’t work.

7 Likes

Some folks were just pissed off persee and just needed closure.

@LionQueen , Maree is pissed coz she might have to show a passport
or summat !!
The whole lot of them got mass hysteria !!
Donkeyman! :-1::frowning::frowning::-1:

2 Likes

Here you go - :smiley:

My nice burgundy passport runs out in a couple of years and I’ll be lumbered with a blue one. Oh, the shame and embarrassment
:crazy_face:

Gonna get a burgundy cover to hide it at airports …. :joy::joy:

@Maree , Next time you go, better not come back then if you hate it
so much now ??
Donkeyman! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Well said, Queenie. :+1: