Scottish Clubs Photo Album

It’s the Aurora Season here and last evening was no let down. Went to the village for fish n chips, it was cold and clear so the lights started to dance.

4 Likes

seen it bbc this morning beautiful your very lucky to get to see that so often rox Is it predictable?? do you know when its going to happen cheers

1 Like

You can often tell, it’s cold and clear for a good chance, other times it kind of creeps in during the middle of the night. If it’s a really good one and I’m awake then I’ll get up and head out with the camera.
We call this the Aurora Season as this is when it dances, the over the next few months.

2 Likes

That’s just spectacular Rox!
Northern lights is on my bucket list!

1 Like

Very nice.

1 Like

Simply stunning Rox, I envy you seeing that! :+1:

1 Like

This photo was taken about a 10-15 minute drive from my own home in Perth. There are woods very close by that I sometimes walk Dageus in, I have passed this so many times during my life, it was my dad who told me what it was and about the Witch Burnings, dreadful times. :flushed:

There is a fenced off grave in Perthshire, Scotland that houses a mysterious monument where a woman who records say never existed was burnt alive for being a witch in 1657…That woman is Maggie Wall.

The accepted theory is that this monument stands as a testament to all the witches murdered in Scotland during the witch hunts that went on between 1500-1700. :cry:

https://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/dunning/maggiewall/index.html

4 Likes

thats another great picture

As to The Aurora, you can download this App to your phone it’s very good at keeping you informed. :+1: :smiley: " Aurora Watch UK"

I see Storm made an appearance on Tv newx last night with a pal
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/19707773.amp/

She certainly gets about. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Snow on the mountains. Brrrr. :cold_face:

1 Like

cracking pictures rox snow and sun stunning

1 Like

Great photo so atmospheric.

1 Like

A fantastic photo, Rox!

1 Like

Love Thurso Castle and it’s becoming too dangerous to do one of my favourite walks out past the base of it now. The walls are looking very fragile, heart breaking to see it becoming a pile of rubble. :cry:
It overlooks the Reef where all the Surfing Competitions are held and where I’ve circled in blue is the wall we go and sit on to watch, but that’s almost all gone now. I keep expecting the path to be closed off, as the castle has been, as it’s just too dangerous now. BUT, I did get some really good photos before they did. I’ll hunt them out.

TC 02

This is all that’s left of the wall that is my surfing watch perch, and the view out of the window over the bay, towards The Old Town.

These are the pics I got from inside the castle grounds just before it was all closed off.

Great Pic’s Rox…I’m hopeless at taking photographs,and wouldn’t know how to post 'em on here anyway…just as well,LOL,…

May it couldn’t be easier, just click on the wee icon of the postcard in the reply, I’ve circled it. A menu opens up and you chose your photo by clicking on it then clicking open. it’s that simple. just make sure your curser is at the start of a new line…