Scottish Clubs Photo Album

As Caveman suggested we had a photo section in the Scottish Threads I decided to start one off. Hopefully it will actually land in the Clubs Section, I am useless with this Tag thing. :roll_eyes: :worried:

Will one of the Mods please move this into the Clubs Section, if it ends up elsewhere. :flushed:

Meet Rox…

2 Likes

4 Likes

This is the beach I walk on most days, unless I drive to one of the wee coves along the coast. I often sit here and watch the sun rise n set.

3 Likes

This is the Achavanich Stone Circle just south of the Town, small stones from the usual huge standing stones that are normally used.Very wild and windswept moorland.

2 Likes

Up here we do lots of cold water surfing, (not me) but I love to watch. We get surfers from all over the world when the championships are on, usually around April.

4 Likes

Im pretty sure my wee dug is half duck as he spends most of his time in water here on one of my walks on brodick beach Thats Goatfell in background highest point on Arran and the venue for the brave amongst us to run to summit and back

3 Likes

The Aurora over the castle ruins.

2 Likes

The castle ruins in daylight.

2 Likes

Ever wondered what it’s like up on top of those Highland Mountains/Munros? Wonder no more. :wink:

3 Likes

Meet the Dunnet Puffins, they are here in the cliffs all summer to breed and don’t mind you being close if your quiet and careful.Sadly this years are all away.

3 Likes

I paint rocks and leave them for the kids to find when I’m out on my walks with the dog. This one I kept I was was quite chuffed with it lol. Have a few of my favourites in the garden, also several I’ve found.

2 Likes

stunning Rox !

we have had a few white deer in my lifetime on arran its a white red deer 20160609_075127

2 Likes

used to get alot of basking sharks around the island but they were hunted for there liver and fins this one was 23 feet long and came pretty close to my boat they are protected now thankfully and numbers coming back

2 Likes

I’d be more than wary if I was out in a boat and one of the oceans huge creatures came too close to me. We also get a lot of whales and dolphins here. We had an Orca playing in the harbour a while back, but I’d left my phone in the car so I’ve no photo. They mostly come in close to shore over at Dunnet and word goes round pretty quickly, next thing the cliff tops are heaving with folks and their cameras. lol.

1 Like

Thankfully only a few sightings of killer whales here Id sh… myself if one of those buggers came close although there have been no recorded deaths by orcas… we get dolphins here to …been in amongst then in a 14ft boat with 1 either side bowriding probably best ever experience in a boat in my life and a few minke whales That basking shark was fun to be honest got a good video but dont know how to get it to work on here

I also have a lot of video that I could post BUT, it means uploading it to You Tube first then copying the link. I did try it, but as I kept my videos private they wouldn’t post. I don’t want them open for any and everyone to see and comment on and criticize.

holy island now owned by budist monks …dalai lama has allegedly visited along with a few well known names including Richard Gere !!

2 Likes

I hope you don’t mind me shuffling in, the only claim to anything Scottish is my daughter’s father’s from Edinburgh and I like Nairn oatcakes :grinning:

I’d love to live up there where you are Roxy. All these pictures from yourself and Caveman are stunning. I’m so envious.

Hope you don’t mind if I shuffle in now and again and appreciate the beautiful scenery even though it’ll p**s me off to the back teeth that I can only dream of living there. :cry: :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

The local bakers shop have recently started making oatcakes here and they are superb with local made cheese I love them join in more the merrier :grinning:

2 Likes