Scotland's Bid for Independence

I wonder how long these two can try to force people together who don’t actually want anything to do with them? :thinking:

2 Likes

That Truss Woman bothers me…A Lot. :flushed::worried::eyes:

1 Like

Some English surely?
I’m not being pedantic, merely objective.

Rox, Westminster like to have everybody who is north of London under the thumb, and as with the EU they don’t understand people who live far away .
I would be sad to see Scotland become detached from the UK , but if it happens I just hope Nicola Sturgeon is able to negotiate a better deal, with the EU, than we ever did. I am not sure she is that strong though! :worried:
Whatever happens, I hope you Scottish people will still come here for a chat! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

What are you answering? Because I have no idea what your talking about.

I think Nicola may not take the SNP into the next election, she has been FM for a good many years now and to be blunt…She’s not got the energy or the inclination she used to have. Her words, not mine.

1 Like

That The English hated being under the EU’s thumb.
Apologies for not putting that in quote, I’m still finding my way on the forum.

Oh I see, well yes I think most of them did hate it, not that I blame them. So many Scots feel the same way about Westminster.

1 Like

It is a sad fact that many younger politicians have big dreams that don’t happen.
I often thought that Nicola tried to be too strong , but she should have won the voters confidence first.

If we are allowed :joy:

1 Like

Phew!

Glad we cleared that up :wink:

1 Like

Well if you are not, I will come and chat on a Scottish site. I think it will be Azz’s decision, and I am sure you could win him over with a bottle of Malt !
I will settle for a haggis, but I bet most of you don’t like it as much as I do! :laughing:

1 Like

IMO only, she wasn’t ready to be FM and she got shoved in at the deep end and left to sink or swim when Alex Salmond left.

2 Likes

I really admire her for that actually. She took it and ran with it. I think she did really well during Covid, acted appropriately when others did the wrong thing, and held herself accountable. I do like her, but I just wish she had more on her list of “Things To Do” than Independence. However, this is about her goal for us, and whether she stays or goes after the 2nd referendum (which I believe will happen regardless of what Westminster have up their sleeve) is neither here nor there. Although I hope she stays. Just sayin’ :smiley:

2 Likes

I have found she keeps her word, if she says she’s going to do something then she does it. But people only remember things that go wrong, most of them not her fault but she has to carry the can for it.

I have a theory that one day women will rule the world, so if Nicola fails I will nominate Rox or Pixie! :laughing:

1 Like

Haha! Well I would say Rox is fiercer than me, so she can do it! I’d be all hugs and “aww never mind Nicola, it’s going to be ok” and Rox would be “just get it done will you, thanks” :joy:

I’m not sure that is 100% correct as the SNP under Sturgeon have won Holyrood again and again. And won convincingly. If she did not have the voter confidence at the start of her tenure as FM she surely does now.

It is correct in my opinion Strathmore ! Did you always dream of being a school teacher? :rofl:

Gawd, all I did was ask if your assessment on winning voter confidence first (first before what btw?) was a fair reflection of what she achieved. All you need to do is simply put forward a simple explanation of why that is your opinion. You know, have a discussion. There was no offence meant nor was I being condescending. Just offering a different opinion.