Scotland's Bid for Independence

She won’t be welcomed with open arms I can tell you that. She may have to enter and leave with police protection by the back door.

2 Likes

That’s inspirational for a new potential leader of our country isn’t it? :roll_eyes:

Boris made a run for it when he was up here one time, but this woman is a whole different ball game. It could all end in tears.

Well hopefully she might get so fed up of us loathing her that she will set us free…stranger things have happened!

1 Like

Ah but She will be welcomed with open arms by the Sturgeon/SNP hating Scottish tories who will love Her for
Her nasty remarks about Our First Minister.

Truss should stay up there as London’s ambassador to Scotland.

If Scotland gets Independence, I guess that there will be an active Scottish “Remainer Group” to assist then with the transition.

1 Like

Guessing isn’t knowing,
:wink:

1 Like

I’m constantly amazed by the sore Brexit supporters who think their Brexit was somehow spoilt by those who were against Brexit. Its as if they need to defend the failure that is Brexit by claiming it would have been so much better if it had been an even harder Brexit that the one we’ve ended up with. As a harder Brexit could only have been walking away with no deal then its impossible to see how that would have delivered a better outcome.
But this is exactly my worry about establishing a positive approach to how England and Scotland would work together should independence happen. The two countries are very closely tied with many cross border relations and interdependencies. Taking a positive mindset to uncoupling some things and retaining others is possible - but not if parties on either side think the dialogue has to confrontational. The UK government approach to the Brexit discussion began with threats, based its thinking on the EU being fearful of losing trade with the UK, and set the tone for what happened next. In summary - an ill-considered approach based on wanting to look tough to its ERG MPs and its voters. I fear nothing was learnt and it would do the same again…

2 Likes

Nobody voted “remain”, we voted for a better brexit at a better time when things could be worked out soberly, not a fumbled job designed to save Cameron’s skin.

As much as I like chatting about Brexit, can we try and keep this to Scotland Independence…pretty please, ta very much :grimacing:

1 Like

Good call and much apologies. But the relevant connection is the post separation negotiation

This appeared in my FB Feed this morning. I knew they would be planning something for her arrival, hoping my son videos it for me.

296347494_5501216566606608_6312472819494463848_n

1 Like

Oh I do hope this comes to pass! :+1: We don’t need to show ourselves up by chucking eggs at her (although I know some who would love to!) but a simple loud straightforward protest would be great! I hope it does get captured on camera, silly woman.

1 Like

Bound to be someone from “The National” there, so everything will be told as it happens. Great Newspaper that. Tells the truth and doesn’t pander to Westminster.

1 Like

Hi

I do not believe this is a Scottish versus England thing.

The Scots do not not hate us.

What binds us together is a desire to no longer be ruled by the London Elite.

Eton College, a Charity, which is a huge joke, should be banned from having anyone who went there being in Politics.

It should also have it’s Charitable Status removed immediately.

So should all other Charitable Schools.

None Domestic Status?

Stuff that for a game of marbles.

I am an UK Resident and taxpayer.

An ex Government employee, I pay the full wack, so what?

I am proud that I do.

What I object to is that my monthly Tax bill is more than a multi millionaire claiming Non Domestic Status.

Lots to agree with here. In fact pretty much all your post is sound - just one niggle from me. This me be simply a wording issue, the turn of phrase, rather than the core point you made. But I’m wary of the term ‘London Elite’. There are plenty of people in London who are not in any elite group. There are quite a few outside London who are very much in elite, influential and decision making cliques. Such as the Cotswold elite.
I think or hope you meant the highly inter-connected and highly influential groupings that not only frequently get into power, but also believe themselves to be worthy of such office.
Now, you may have meant a wider group - and included the well heeled lawyers, professional services leads, hedge fund managers, investment bankers. Certainly there is an aspect of elitism about these £1m a year is my minimum folk. Not so sure about whether they are ruling us though.
No offence intended by checking who you meant in the London Elite.

Erm, hello…? @swimfeeders @strathmore Scottish Independence thread over here :wave: Lets keep it to that please, thanks.

1 Like

OK.
Oh flower of Scotland…

1 Like

When will we see your likes again. :notes::musical_note:

Swims, We Scots don’t hate the English people at all. We hate being under Westminster’s thumb. Just like the English hated being under the EU’s thumb.

1 Like