Scotland's Bid for Independence

A MARCH for English independence is expected to attract “hundreds” to the city of York later this month, organisers have said.

Graham Moore, the leader of the fledgling English Constitution Party (ECP), said the British establishment “absolutely fears the English standing up” and calling for independence from the UK.

Ooo,it’s all ‘appening now and I will def’ support Them,
:star_struck:

1 Like

Cannae see green cheese :roll_eyes:

1 Like

To be fair though, good for them in making a stand. I hope it’s successful and Westminster back off and realise that all of us aren’t happy with the way things are.

Too true…power to the People.

1 Like

I personally cold not give a toss about independance as long as I can dive under the bed sheets and pretend I am in a tent :shushing_face: :yawning_face: :crazy_face:

• Hmm things are getting a bit serious.
1 Like

I read that the Celts were very much into staying in separate groups rather than being joined into larger ones.

They have the right to choose, however, and so did we.

It can’t be a surprise that Sturgeon is pressing hard for another independence referendum. The raison d’etre of the SNP is independence. My worry is that this referendum (which seems likely to happen sometime soon) is starting with a confrontation with Westminster. And that confrontation will likely get worse in a lead up to independence. And that mindset of conflict would then lead into the independence discussions if the referendum goes with ‘yes’. And a future England - Scotland relationship borne out of conflict and each side seeking to win will not result in a mutually beneficial set up. To make it work best it would require both sides aiming to make it the best possible separation and future working together.

1 Like

I’m not aware of Scotland starting anything? In fact, I’m quite sure that our First Minister has kept a dignified silence over petty personal comments directed at her recently.

Westeminster don’t really have a reputation for making that happen though do they?

@Rox, " Constantly asking for FFA "
Does that mean the SNP s not asking for a referendum then Rox ??
What is all the fuss about then ? :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

If they got FFS I’m sure it would sort things out, for a while anyway, and they may leave it there. But that’s only my opinion. At the moment it’s the outright refusals plus the fact they have to go and ask in the first place, that’s getting all the backs up. Around here anyway.

@Rox , Having read your earlier post l am inclined to agree Rox !
This FFS; Seems to tick all the boxes, but this is the first time that l lhave
heard of it ?? Maybe the SNP should do more to promote it ?? :+1::roll_eyes::+1:

1 Like

I was not saying that Sturgeon is starting this confrontation. I do think that this Tory government is being confrontational. It is their style. What they have not worked out is that it is not productive. Talking about winning is not the same as developing a best outcome together. They tried it with the Brexit agreement and are now close to a trade war with the EU. Our biggest trading partner. Talk about dumb. And that all started with the false premise of ‘they need us more than we need them’. Talk about even dumber. So I do worry that this government would take the same approach to a Scottish independence to the detriment of all sides.

1 Like

Hi

Ms Truss is extremely confrontational, more so than Boris and Lord Frost.

She has already had to back down on her plan to have regional Public sector pay which would compulsory cuts of more than £8 Billion outside of the South East and London.

So much for leveling up.

2 Likes

The public sector pay is her pet idea…she wanted it years ago and had to concede defeat over it then too. Nasty piece of work.

1 Like

one attention seeker to another.

ignore them all.

1 Like

I’d love to, but its compelling…its like watching a horror story unfold :scream:

Yes I see what you mean … Truss as PM horror, cat fight with a FM horror.

Pass the water bucket.

1 Like

The Tory party leadership hustings are due in Perth on August 16th. I wonder what reception Liz Truss gets when she arrives?

1 Like

Ooh thats interesting. I’ll get my eggs ready…

oops, did I just say that out loud? :face_with_hand_over_mouth: