Sarah Everard

That’s always the mental struggle I have about capital punishment Arty…:017: I’d rather see ten criminals rotting away in prison than one innocent person wrongly executed…

We tend to get swept along with the media frenzy and the anger it cultivates rather than consider the facts Arty…:009:

It’s just a sad fact.

Women SHOULD be able to walk along at any time day or night, wearing whatever they want without being attacked or murdered but then I should be able to walk through South London at midnight wearing a Rolex watch without getting mugged.

I often wonder how other Countries compare to us.

Well not really Longdogs, the world, and particularly other members of society are not as friendly as we seem to believe they are. 99.9% of the male population would have sprung to her aid, or expressed a cheery goodnight. But there is always one…And it’s this one we must protect ourselves against. Temptation can not be legislated against…:009:

There are many areas in the world that you and me would not go Longy, and there are places in the UK also. We all complain about our brave Search and rescue services having to risk their lives to recover some ill equipped, experience lacking tourists from the mountains, and yet we think it would be perfectly safe for a woman on her own, dressed for clubbing (Although I’m not suggesting that Sarah was inappropriately dressed) to walk through an unpoliced and unlit park…Come on…I certainly wouldn’t sell her personal insurance…:009:

It’s totally nuts. Particularly saying that men should be curfewed. Given that a policeman is being accused how will a stupid curfew be imposed? Will they be getting rid of all the male policemen? World is losing the plot.

At the moment I would say that in some areas things are different. Both men and women are in danger walking around at night or even in the day because we are in lockdown. Some people have gone a bit loopy with all the indoors thinking time and in some cases this will have led to violent or deranged fantasies. Many people have been unhappy and become hostile towards each other with the prolonged restrictions.

Hopefully once lockdown is gradually lifted people will go back to normal levels of derangement.

You don’t get it, do you? Women live with this fear all the time when they are out. All the time. How often do men walk with along with their hearts thumping with fright because there are footsteps closing in on you from behind? How many men walk with their keys clasped in their hands, to be ready for an attack?

How often have men been kerb-crawled, cat-called, wolf-whistled? Have the men here ever been cornered by a senior colleague making sexual comments? Anyone ever dry-humped you on the Tube?

Women have to think about this all the time! We can’t tell which men are the goodies and which are the baddies. It’s not just about dark parks or what we wear, it’s about our entire public lives.

I would say that when it comes to violence men live far more in fear of other men. Particularly young men or those in their teens. It’s usually young men or boys getting stabbed. I would hazard a guess that the majority of rape & sexual abuse happens inside and is by a partner or person known to a woman. The sort of areas women feel unsafe walking are also areas that men feel just as unsafe.

Exactly, Annie. As I said earlier, about three times as many men get murdered than women do. Fear and risk knows no gender. You wouldn’t catch me walking through the local park at night as a short cut. I minimise my risks as much as I can, as should everyone. If in doubt, late at night, use a trustworthy taxi service. Just because I’m a man doesn’t mean I think I’m invincible, nor does it mean I’m foolish.

The family are mourning her they will have been told .
There was a undoubtably a reason the police searched that area and found a body I feel sure it wasn’t a coincidence.

Has anybody else heard that the suspect (ie the policeman) had indecently exposed himself a few days before Sarah’s disappearance?

Yes I have . There is a lot to come out I feel it’s all rather odd . Non the less a beautiful girl has died and obviously a corrupt police officer involved

I assume we will learn more in time but it is worrying when somebody, who is employed to keep the law, is committing crimes like indecent exposure, even if he is found innocent of Sarah’s murder.:confused:

Hi Twink :slight_smile: yes I heard that on the news and it appears that a couple of colleagues may have handle the IE complaints lightly .

Sarah Everard case: Met Police faces watchdog investigation - BBC News

Sometimes sexual deviants display behaviour that can escalate so they may start off with self exposure/‘peeping tom’ activity then progress to rape or murder. So any deviant behaviour should be noted .

Poor soul…the remains they found have been confirmed as hers. Gosh her poor family.

Yes in a fast food restaurant and the real tragedy is that this happened three days before Sarah’s abduction and two police officers who investigated obviously covered up for him .
Had he been arrested at the time Sarah would in all probability be alive now.

He was a serving Metropolitan policeman, Susan, not a military policeman.

You can add 4) Carry a rape/personal attack alarm at all times to your list Ted. They’re cheap enough from Amazon.

I often have my keys in my hand ready for some nut case to jump out, particularly at night and particularly when walking my dog. I also keep a metal pen in my pocket which I wouldn’t hesitate to use on an attacker.

The sad thing is that you would be the one having to prove that you used it in self defence :frowning:

Yes, I know but I would still be prepared to do it, even though I would end up in trouble. :cry:

What a world, eh…?