Sarah Everard

But sad that they feel the need of it ?

Donkeyman!

Its such a tragic thing to happen, and my heart goes to the family. What shocked me too, was the wife/partner of the guy covering up for him? Iā€™m sorry, but I will never understand that misplaced loyalty.

News is reporting that the guy has been rushed to hospital with head wounds. He was in his cell when they found him collapsed in there.

I am amazed at how much the police know so far.
It states in the papers they had him under surveillance for a few days since a busā€™s camera showed Sarah in another road.

Some find CCTV cameras an intrusion on their lives but at times like this they are invaluable in helping investigations like this.

I know they say we are the most watched population in Europe, but frankly I donā€™t careā€¦I have nothing to be sneaky about, so Iā€™d rather be safe. Why did they have him under surveillance, I wonderā€¦

Maybe his car showed up on the busā€™s camera?
It was said, the car he was driving could then be tracked for miles via CCTV from there on.

This is awful and I am confused as what has happened, I know a beautiful young girl has been found buried and a military policeman and his girl friend arrested . What on earth has happened

Why was this policeman being watched beforehand

Susan, l think he was only being watched when he became a suspect. I read, they let him keep his firearm as they didnā€™t want to make him become suspicious that he was under surveillance.

Itā€™s a tragic event, but statistics at this UK government site show that 73% of homicide victims are male and 27% are female.

Women are statistically at much less risk than men, with 506 male homicides and 188 female homicides, but male homicides seem to pass without much comment. Why does it take the tragic death of a woman to make people sit up and pay attention to the situation?

Yep, if I remember right, a guy in an area, in the wrong place at the wrong time, could be in serious Jeopardy.

Thatā€™s an interesting point. Perhaps the girlā€™s occupation might be some part of this and that of the criminal.

Whatever, it is a tragedy.

What is the most common factor in the murders of both men and women?

That the murderers are men.

Thank you Art

Heartbreaking isnt it . I feel such sadness as our world needs much love now

Iā€™ve been trying to work out why this case is such big news. Every week for years friends have posted missing persons in their regions on facebook. Not just the UK but friends abroad. Usually very young people.

Yes thatā€™s whatā€™s in the news today. Am I the only one who thinks this all bizarre?

Every death is tragic.

Yes itā€™s strange how events in the UK and the world, where millions of people are dying daily, have been pushed aside to make room for this unfortunate incident. I have the greatest of sympathy for the girl and her family, but it does seem like itā€™s attracting more than itā€™s fair share of media activity.

Has it been deliberately exaggerated to produce bad feeling toward the police, as in the case of George Floyd.
Stand by for the racist connectionā€¦

Canā€™t argue with the fact that another such crime has been committed by a bloke.

Thatā€™s understood, and there must be much more prevention, more police, more whatever is needed.

On the other hand, the media is hammering away at the idea that the victim is in no way at fault.

I think that needs a little consideration, as well.

Surely, we should be allowed to suggest that walking home, late at night, maybe with an expensive mobile phone, in oneā€™s hand, then taking a short cut, across a Park, etc., is an obvious build up of risks!?

Time for reminders at Schools?

1. Never walk home alone, especially after dark.
  2. If walking, even as a group, avoid areas ā€œoff the main streetā€
  3. If you do have a mobile phone, in hand, keep connected to Someone (Mum?) as you walk.

Animals have fright triggers, which might stop them taking risks, Humans need to get used to the idea that an attack is very possible & how should they prepare for it.

Many seem to assume that ā€œIt wonā€™t happen to Meā€

Finally, any offender should be taken off the streets for several years, not let back out there as it is suggested that this one was.

Just an opinion!

We have all been chatting away about this caseā€¦ but what happens if the human remains that have been found are not Sarahā€™s and he is innocent of murder?

Good post Ted, you wouldnā€™t find me walking anywhere late at night round London, or Doncaster come to think of it, let alone in an unlit park. People should take more responsibility for their safety.