Saga Holidays - anyone been on or going on one?

I have travelled many times with SAGA, would recommend them. I have never had a bad holiday. Yes they are a little more expensive but the extra attention more than justifies this.

I only went on one holiday with ‘‘Saga’’

Never again!!!

What went wrong lilac?

Have been on many Saga hols all over the world. Felt looked after on the majority. The only one that I was unhappy about was the standard of the Coastline Hotel in Malta. I was there on 3 occasions the last in 2010 when I decided that the standard of the room was so bad I said never again. Now that they have a selection of hotels in Malta I may consider going back. Loved Malta.

Chris. We’ve been to Malta 3 times now - not with Saga though and always stayed at the Melleiha Bay hotel in Melleiha and have loved it there.

Thanks for the info. Thinking that I may try this Hotel but it won’t be till next yr. Have already booked another Saga to St Lucia
the 5 th. We just like the Island, the people, the hotel & the relaxed feeling at the Bel Jou it’s like going to a health retreat in the winter with sunshine to boot. Cheaper than a health resort in the Uk. (I think)

Don’t think you’ll be disappointed Chris. We love Malta and that hotel.

Did you go to this hotel in Malta with a tour co or did you just make your own arrangements to go. Malta is so easy to get around & so full of history, loved it.

We went there on a package with Thomson, Chris. Flight and half-board, but you can go all-inclusive if you want to. I believe ‘First Choice’ do it too. I would mention though that if you or anyone with you has any difficulty walking that there is a bit of a hill from Melleiha village to the hotel.

Hello Stella H. Many thanks for all the info. Greatly appreciated. Chris.

You’re welcome Chris.:slight_smile:

Hello to this Forum, just joined and so pleased to see Saga Holidays featured.anyone going to South Africa this autumn with them?

South Africa in October.

St Lucia in November for a change.

Has anyone been on the Saga Duoro River cruise? I am considering booking but I am put off by saga telling me that I need to take a Dinner Jacket - for a 7 day river cruise! Is this correct

Last week I booked a holiday to Mauritius for February 2015 and was satisfied with the price I paid. Yesterday a |Saga brochure came through the door and a trip to St Lucia, which is not as far away ,would have cost nearly double. So really it is a no brainer, all these add ons have to be paid for .
:wink:

They will probably have a formal night, unless they are planning to dress that way for dinner every night.
Other Saga cruises say that gents can wear a dark suit and tie instead of dinner jacket if wanted.
I would ring and ask them if there is an alternative.

I am going on the 3 centre Mauritius holiday 20th January 2015 for 2 weeks.

Have booked an 8 day Saga Sapphire cruise in July 2015 entitled Celtic Charms

I will give you a wave if I see you in Delicious Mauritius.
:mini::mini::mini:

Apricot you said you were going in February, we get back on the 4th, when do you go?
Have you been before, we haven’t, but people tell me it is nice.

We went to Africa with Saga on a trip called A World in One Country it was fantastic we went on two Safaris and lots of other trips we were vey well looked after i would recommend it to everyone you can look it up on their site ,