Saga Holidays - anyone been on or going on one?

Hi Valice, we are going on the 8th till 23rd. So we won"t be able to wave after all .:wink:
We have been before, 8 times in fact , 7 to the same hotel, it is a lovely island, bit of a long flight but well worth it . It is not called Delicious Mauritius for nothing. The people are so very friendly
The only thing you might encounter in February, is rain, but it only for a very short time then puff, the sun breaks out again .
Hope you have a lovely time .
:023::023:

Sounds good Apricot, looking forward to going there for the first time.
We chose the dates so that we could be back one month before our Golden Wedding anniversary party which we are organising.

:hug::hug: Golden wedding eh, well done, you have beaten us , we have been married 44 years in January.

That is good going too :slight_smile:

Thank you .
:052:

As you have been to Mauritius a number of time Apricot, have you ever paid for a flight upgrade? I decided to give it a try on the overnight flight going out, and just normal economy to come back.

Hi Valice, just back from Bournville after seeing DD , SIL & Darling G/C, feeling a bit blue as you can guess, so thought I would jump on internet.

I have never had an upgrade, but we used to fly out with Air Mauritius at 4pm & were lucky in getting a four seater most times so we coud stretch out and any way you are starting to go into night so get sleepy anyway.Who are you flying with ?

I like a straight through flight, we are going with Thompson this time as they are quite a bit cheaper, so will see.

:slight_smile:
The upgrade sounds good

It’s a Saga holiday, which gives us a shared car service to/from Gatwick and the flights are with British Airways.

Enjoy, I am going to .
:-):slight_smile:

Jolly good, shame we are not there same time.

:-):-):slight_smile: x

Had a phone call from Saga yesterday afternoon, advising me that there was a suspected outbreak of Legionnaires disease concerning one hotel we were due to stay at in Mauritius, so they have arranged for us to stay extra nights at the 2 other hotels, omitting the ‘dodgy’ one.

and our tickets have come today

:slight_smile: Fantastic ! :slight_smile:

Hello all, just back from the Bel Jou 4 wks ago. We had a wonderful holiday. Thanks to the management, staff & Saga rep; Elizabeth who are all just amazing to say the least. Thank you all for looking after us.
Saga is as we all know a huge company. Why not give a small reward to customers who could not stay for the free week.
The volunteers at the schools also paid for 4 wks. giving their time & knowledge but did not receive a free week. Time that you Saga looked after your customers.

Hi Honey,
hope all goes well for you !!! I am sure it will, once you get to Delicious Mauritius , your cares will be forgotten , I know mine are , I am there in six short weeks
:-D:-D:-D

Hurrah!

That sounds like you’d like to see the back of me Jazzi :wink: lol

It’s coming fast now, seems so much going on between now and the 20th.
We are being collected at 5.15 am so an early start

Hi Apricot, hope you enjoy your holiday there too.

Thanks Valice, I am already beginning to sort out my wardrobe, am going to really firm with myself and NOT take too much[some hope]. Still we have to think of the 23KG, don"t we and I do believe Airlines are getting stricter, also where you used to sneak things into the “carry-ons” they are getting wise to that now and weighing them also.
:038::038:

Do you know I have done nothing yet about considering what I am taking, any suggestions about what is good to take, or what things we won’t need.
Have an idea that going and coming back might be different airlines, each with their own weight restrictions, so would have to go with the lowest of them.
I suppose we might want some local currency?, we don’t tend to buy much and it’s all inclusive and some trips included.