Richard Gere - MotherFatherSon (TV Mini Series 2019)

That is true ruthio and perhaps after a few more episodes more of us would enjoy it. Sadly, I think the art of capturing our interest in the first episode has all but disappeared, both on film and in books. They do love to string everything out these days to it’s inth.

As for Gere, I was never really a fan although I have seen a few films recently which changed my mind slightly but this series does nothing for him. Imo of course. ;-):wink:

Of course :wink:

I like him in this bastard/monster/bully/control freak role, think he does it well.

I see him (as previously mentioned) as the fluffy kitten type and not wearing any socks. :-p

No wonder he took this role to smash the squeaky clean image!!!

Jon Hamm did the same after Mad Men.

While I like him I tuned in because Sarah Lancashire is in it, I have not seen anything she has been in that hasn’t been quality. So far I am not saying I understand it all but it’s early days and I am interested enough to tune in next week and try to put it together. I am quite pleased they haven’t explained it all in one episode as it might get boring over 6 episodes if there is nothing to think about.

Thank you for your polite and civil reply, Julie :cool:

If you haven’t seen it, I’d recommend watching him in “Looking for Mr Goodbar”, but it’s such a disturbing film that I’d not recommend it to anyone without a warning. He is the opposite of squeaky clean in that. Also an excellent performance from Diane Keaton. Both at the start of their careers.

Love Jon Hamm.

I liked him in ‘Shall we dance’ although I think is was mainly Jennifer Lopez.

He played a baddie in Internal Affairs.

Yes , because I follow Helen McCrory in everything she’s in .

RG has always had what I call "piggy eyes " and he’s never been on my list of attractive male stars.

I’ve just looked that up. I am sure I must have seen it but don’t remember. Love Andy Garcia though, much more than Gere. Something very appealing about his looks/personality and a great actor. He really made Godfather Part III worth watching.

Andy Garcia is one of my favourite actors too Annie .
[

I gave it another go lat night and I have to say the second episode was much better, more normal I suppose. I thought Billy Howle (Caden) played an absolute ‘blinder’,… what a great actor.

Still watching and still interested so will carry on. I missed a bit I think when he reached for his father (gere) in his bed someone knocked my door and I came back to the next scene. Anyone tell me what happened was it important what I missed ?

How did I miss this thread, and this series? Richard Gere went to college in Syracuse, an hour from my home. He is the darling of actors and has been since an Officer and a Gentleman hit the screen.
Now I see Andy Garcia is also in the mix???

Holy Moly…excuse me while I try to access this program to see what the fuss is about. Whether I love or hate the characters, it will be well worth the time just looking. These actors can play a part, any part. :smiley:

can you get BBC iplayer it’s on there.

I will look at my BBC network and see if it’s listed anywhere. Thanks for the nudge.:slight_smile:

He wanted a mirror so he could look at himself. His mother handed him a metal tray and he had a bit of a meltdown when he saw himself.

Thanks LD !

The second episode was definitely better. But also very distressing especially the ending.