Prince Phillip

As far as I’m concerned, both Liz and Phil have worked hard - harder than I and many other people have worked - for all their lives.
Did they both stop working at 65 years of age?
How much of a private life have they had over all those years?
How much choice have they had as to what they can do and when they can do it?
All I can say is that I couldn’t possibly do what they have both done. Nor would I want to.

Spot on JBR !

Work? Any of that lot? You’re having a laugh.

That’s true Muddy but we cannot choose the life we’re born into can we ?
“Some are born to sweet delight
Some are born to endless night “
William Blake

:023::023: totally.

You must be joking .

Insightful comments :069:

At what age did you stop working, Muddy?

But what do any of the whole lot do that could possibly be called work?

Of course it’s not “work” as most people know it .
They also have very very long holidays every year .

Moreover they don’t have to do it Charles would have been delighted to take over - he would as I said have been king 30 years by now in fact he could have retired and handed over to William so they all had a crack at the whip as it were .

No, not physical work, but how many of our pen-pushers do any physical work?

Also, remember that during the war, the Queen drove and maintained vehicles and, better still, Phil put his life at risk on the seas fighting the Kriegsmarine.

Imagine being in the public eye from childhood until way past retirement age. Would you do that? Really? I wouldn’t.

Oh please she drove her father the king about for a very short time . Phillip did no more than any other man who served in WW 11 .

No, she was in the ATS and drove (and maintained) lorries.
Don’t believe me; check for yourself.

That was the story for public consumption.

Of course it was she had a very privileged position she wasn’t sleeping in a Nissan hut with the rest of the girls she lived in Buck house .

Clearly, you don’t like some historical facts.

I can live with that!

I know she learned to change a Tyre and drive a lorry
What do want for that a medal ?

It seems being Cantankerous is more or less acceptable, dependent on your social status background.

Yup of no one can tell you you are an rude old bastard .
Instead they say ‘ direct ‘ ‘blunt ‘ or eccentric .

Has anyone read his biography ?
It might be helpful to know if he was always ,as you kindly put it Muddy , “ blunt”
Can’t we allow him “ eccentric” at his age ? I feel a bit sorry he’s poorly again while HM ‘s health seems more robust ?