Prince Andrew, now being sued in the USA

OJ Simpson was sued in s civil case for murder by the families of the victims although they won their case and were awarded a huge amount of compensation I understand they have not seen a cent of it.

Swims I hate to tell you this but Dads do muck about with kids the same age as their daughters and indeed marry them . Think how many second wives are not much different in age from their stepchildren.
Eg Kitty Spencer has just married a man 31 years her senior . There is one common denominator in these May - December matches the man has money usually lots of of it. Young girls donā€™t have sex with poor old men . This woman is no shrinking violet she says she had sex with Andrew for $15000 a time . money which she was allowed to keep so she was not exactly being held in fear of her life by a cruel pimp . Her father seems to have been a low income cowboy type who knew the score and at the time didnā€™t seem to care .Presumably he signed her passport enabling her to travel as he have to do if she was underage .

1 Like

Hi

Lawyers disagree on everything, that is how they make their money.

We will find out if he Diplomatic Immunity.

The USA has very tight rules for diplomatic immunity.

The critical document is the ID Card issued by the USA Government.

The US lawyers have more chance of flying to the moon than extraditing Andrew ,

1 Like

That is very true Muddy! In my teens I dated a couple of older men who picked me up at my parents home & returned me there .
Why did I go out with them? Well they were more sophisticated, had nicer cars and they took me to to some very smart restaurantsā€¦ they werenā€™t dirty old men! They were quite attractive and I learned a lot from them, and from their point of view, it boosted their ego to be seen entertaining an attractive young woman ( I was a model at the time).
From what you have posted, it would seem that she was just a prostitute, who appeared to have her fathers permission, & it sounds like Andrew paid her well. if she is telling the truth.
Dozens of women are doing that same as this woman & when they find out the man doesnā€™t want a long term relationship they cry rape, years laterā€¦ in the hope of getting more money!

1 Like

Hi

I am out on a limb here.

We are assuming her father knew, the most I got out of my 17 year old when asked where she was going, was out.

Unless of course she needed a lift.

She dated some obnoxious pillocks and often stayed over.

That is life, it was her choice, it was not an issue for me.

All we have seen is a photo of Andrew with his arm round her, we do not know what else she has on him.

Andrew should not have put himself in that position.

As for extradition, Andrew has put himself in a stupid position.

It will not being her lawyers seeking extradition, it will be USA Government.

That is USA Law.

USA Civil Courts require a much lower standard of proof than UK Courts and the damages awarded are far, far higher.

If the USA Government refuse to extradite him after a successful Civil Case, it is off to the Supreme Court.

Her lawyers have said they intend to serve the papers in person.

That would effectively lead to him not being able to leave private Crown Property.

It is no wonder the Queen and Charles are furious with him.

As for me being a knight in shining armour?

Nope, that is not me at all.

Photos of that would be worth millions and effectively

well if the queen and her team canā€™t get out of this one no one can and besides and little chat to the el presidento should fix things it does over the pond. And remember we can close to a majpr national and international crisis with his grand uncle who wanted to be a nazi and that didnā€™t happen?

In the UK it is legal to agree to sex at the age of 16ā€¦ so parents have no right to prevent it.
In the USA it is between 16 &18 depending on what state they are in. Apparently in New York the age is 17 and as she was 17 what is she suing him for?
If she is claiming rape, why didnā€™t she report it immediately after escaping?

1 Like

I totally agree Twink55, I mean today, look at this that I found. A lady coming forward and accusing Bob Dylan for something he was supposed to have done in 1965??

Purpledreams, It is a sad fact that women are being allowed to sue for rape many years after the event. They claim that they were too stressed at the time to report it, but if they donā€™t, how can they hope to get a guilty verdict when there is no evidence.
It is nearly always men who have made money and for that reason I believe that ,if the crime cannot be proved, no financial compensation should be awarded!

1 Like

So do I Twink i believe that is the law in Germany they may get justice and the culprit goes to jail but the alleged victims do not get any financial compensation.

I too saw that ridiculous claim re Bob Dylan .

1 Like

Re extradition .
I believe NO British citizen barring a terrorist should be extradited to the USA .

The whole rotten mess just sickens me. The whole lot should get jail time. Far as I am concerned Jeffrey Epstein got off easy.

1 Like

If you call getting murdered in a prison cell getting off easy .

Hi

All we have seen so far is one photo, we have no idea what else they have got, if anything.

American Civil Courts have much lower burden of proof than we have here in the UK and much higher levels of damages.

There are huge amounts of money at stake here, far more than any award in the UK.

They may be enough to persuade someone to break cover on where Andrew was on the night in question, or his alleged medical condition.

This will run and run, if it disappears, someone has been paid an awful lot of money.

Money talks in the USA Swim, that is exactly why I object to any changes in the UK that come from the USA.

No government is perfect. We all learn to obey and abide by the laws that govern in our own country. I would never presume to make a blanket comment about the UK.

You vote for your governments & we vote for ours Right Now. If you like the laws of your country it is probably what you believe is good for your country. The UK is much smaller and I have become used to our way of life & like it, but I feel that the USAā€™s way of life is gradually changing how people think here , so it was just my personal opinion. If others like it there is little I can do to stop them.

I have to say, doesnā€™t she look the picture of happiness in the photo with herā€¦ supposed rapist?

1 Like