Prince Andrew, now being sued in the USA

No more air miles for Prince Andrew unless he does what he said he would. Publicly promised to co-operate with US authorities. He has nothing to hide so why not speak with FBI.

Speaking to Sky News, commentator John Alridge claimed the Duke of York may soon have to come up with a strategy to ensure the lawsuit it dealt with amid concerns about the reputation of the monarchy.

Mr Alridge claimed: "The damage to the Duke is one thing, the damage to the institution is quite another.

"The Queen, as weā€™ve seen recently with other members of her family, is absolutely determined that the institution will be protected above everything else.

"The way itā€™s working out nowā€¦the decision is close to being made that the Duke will have to try to close the legal case.

I totally agree with you Roxy! He had his hand on her waist in the photo & she was smiling. She was 17, according to reports, so is that underage in the USA? Perhaps all men in the USA are expected to see the girls birth certificate before they have sex with them? :icon_rolleyes:
How old is she now & why has it taken her this long to report it?
I donā€™t care what excuses these girls make, if you have been raped, the only chance you should have of reporting it is as soon as you are able to get to a police station! Or does it take years to get to the police station in the USA? :astonished:

Her word against his, both have inconsistencies in their statements.

As far as what we have been fed of the statements goes certainly.
We know though how the media love to ā€œspinā€ everything to get a story though and that they can be shall we say economical with the truth, so I remain sceptical of their representations TBH.

Pay out of court settlement. The queen is unlikely to let this continue much longer. Do not think Prince Andrew will return to public life. Nothing will change for him apart from that, except his travel jaunts.

Iā€™m no legal expert but Iā€™d have thought that the power of a civil court in the US over here is the square root of bugger all, unless the METPOLs supposed new investigation into the claims against him come up with charges then thereā€™s nothing the US civil court can do about it, they canā€™t issue an arrest warrant so heā€™d even be free to travel to the states, of course that wonā€™t change the position heā€™s found himself in over here but legally heā€™ll be Scot free.
Personally I believe he should be hauled up before Judge Judy

1 Like

That would be funny Vlad can you imagine the ratings .

1 Like

Swims her father knew how many beans make five he allowed his daughter to go from folding towels in a hotel to travelling the world with a billionaire.

Swim , as a teenager I always enjoyed the company of older men & spent evenings out with a few. They were more interesting than young men, whose interests seemed a bit childish to me.
They werenā€™t always trying to get me into bed , and even if they did, if I was willing at the age of 17 I would have been furious if my father had interfered.
Surely any parent of a 17 year old girl would have taught her the dangers of rape at any age. If you feel that your daughter is too immature to understand them them arrange for her to be taken to & picked up from wherever she was spending the evening!
If you try to be a knight in shining armour & constantly protect your daughter, at what age do you think she will learn how to protect herself?
A parents job is to teach their children how to become an adult, and I am proud to say that is exactly what my dad did !

David Boies told The Telegraph: ā€˜We present him with a copy of the complaint in a formal way. Because he is a foreign citizen, we have to do this under the Hague Convention.ā€™

Holed up in Balmoral just adds fuel to the fire.

How Prince Andrew, 61, can still be tried for sex abuse claims in civil case even if he never steps foot back in America

Prince Andrew is under no obligation to travel to America to defend himself against the allegations - which he has repeatedly denied - because courts canā€™t extradite citizens in civil cases.

But legal experts say if he choses not to take part in the case, he could still face a trial in the civil courts in his absence.

Before it reaches that stage, however, experts say that the Duke could instruct US lawyers to try and strike out Ms Robertsā€™ law suit by claiming it to be ā€˜spuriousā€™.

If a judge throws out the case, then Prince Andrew will not need to attend anyway.

But if a judge decides the case should be heard, then a civil jury is likely to be called, according to Aamer Anwar - a civil rights lawyer and activist from Scotland.

Mr Anwar says that if the Duke choses not to appear, the trial could go ahead in absentia - his absence. If the jury rules in Ms Roberts favor, Mr Anwar says Prince Andrew could be forced to pay damages ā€˜into the millions and millions of dollarsā€™.

After looking at any possible US assets, Mr Anwar says the courts could then apply to claim assets in Britain through the UK courts - in a way similar to how foreign assets are seized in high profile divorce cases.

He also believes that any judgment against Prince Andrew in the US could put pressure on UK authorities to take action - with one of the sex abuse claims made by Ms Roberts allegedly taking place in London.

:smiley: wouldnā€™t it just

If this girl was attacked as she says then every sympathy should go to her and of course justice must be served butā€¦ as Roxy says and I totally agree, if she was forced, then why did she not go to her parents immediately after it happened and report it then?
I personally feel this is a witch hunt against him. I met him once, he came across as a very true and honest gentleman, yes, maybe not as strong as other males but that doesnā€™t make him a bad person.

Not many people seem to know what kind of background she came fromā€¦
Where were her parents?
Theyā€™d put her in a home for troubled teenagers!!
Take it with a pinch of salt maybe, but you get the ideaā€¦

1 Like

Hi

Twink and Co

I am not an idiot and certainly do not view myself as a knight in shining armour.

Of course my 17 year old daughter was having sex, that is part of life,

She was also well capable of looking after herself, I had taught her.

I had no idea at all where she was going or meeting at that age, the most I got when asking her , was out.

It used to annoy my EX like mad, you need to stop her.

I was more than confident that she could look after herself with lads her age.

Part of my life was dealing with the groomers, not just Muslims, but the very rich and famous.

It is easy to get sucked in.

That is life.

I am no knight in shining armour.

I am however a complete nightmare to pillocks.

That is what you used to pay me for.

I like to think that was not wasted money.

I view Groomers the same as Terrorists.

I may be right, I may be wrong, but that is my view.

A 17 year old having sex with another of that age is part of life.

Having sex with someone old enough to be your Granddaughter is just plain wrong.

1 Like

Reading through this thread Iā€™ve decided I had a boring life at age 17ā€¦you lot were like rabbits :slight_smile:

1 Like

but may not be illegal though if both are over `16 is it in UK; USa or elsewhere??

I wouldnā€™t be too sure.

US lawyer Spencer Kuvin, who represents several of convicted paedophile financier Epsteinā€™s victims, suggested that Andrewā€™s legal team may claim the duke - who was a trade envoy in 2001, when Ms Giuffre claims he raped and sexually abused her - had diplomatic immunity.

Oh now that would really upset the legal bodā€™s, if it turns out that Andrew could indeed claim diplomatic immunity.
Not that I agree with it, but it does have a certain quid pro quo to it.

1 Like

If certainly does considering a woman from the USA, who is believed to have run over & killed a young man when she was in the UK & then claimed diplomatic immunity when asked to return to the UK for interrogation. :rage:

1 Like

Staying silent Prince Andrew might increase speculation that he has not been entirely truthful.

Virginia Giuffre may also have embellished certain details.

Can the US court force him to come to the US to do that or give evidence in court later?

No - because this is not a criminal trial and heā€™s not even in the country.

What happens if the duke loses?

Ms Giuffreā€™s side would ask the court to order Prince Andrew to pay Ms Giuffre damages.

But heā€™s not in the US - so how could that be enforced?

If Ms Giuffre won, her team could come to the UK and ask a High Court judge in London to rule, in a follow-on case, that the duke has to pay up.

But hereā€™s where it gets legally rather complex (if it wasnā€™t already). If the prince didnā€™t take part in the case in America, a London judge could reject the case as unenforceable. That would protect him from the damages - but it wouldnā€™t affect the New York courtā€™s judgment against him