Prince Andrew, now being sued in the USA

I think the whole TV Interview was a hell of a mistake. He should have stayed silent.

2 Likes

Very nice Swimmy except for one thing: neither of us have asked.

Absolutely!

Virginia Giuffre about being abused by Epstein in 2007.

ā€œI was groomed for it. I made a pact with the devil in exchange for excitement and glamour. I was only a college student. I was hard-up and foolish.ā€

Hi

Zaphod.

I would not expect you to ask for it, however much we disagree, you are genuine and a gent
I have no thoughts that you would sink so low as Prince Andrew.

The Pizza thing?

Well, records are kept and if he keeps on someone will make a mint by spilling the beans.

It is somewhat difficult to argue against a Royal Protection Squad Officer.

I have to be honest and, after saying a brief thanks, say that you lost me at ā€œthe Pizza thingā€.
If nothing else though I suppose there are interesting times ahead for Andy.

Hi

He claimed he was not there on the alleged date in question.

He was at a Pizza place with his daughter.

Easily proved or disproved.

All he has to do to sort it is to release the evidence from his protection squad.

Has he done it.

Nope.

Gotcha Swimmy, ta ā€¦ as you can probably tell with my lack of knowledge about that incident, I donā€™t care about the royals that much.
Unlike one or two of them, heā€™s not one Iā€™d freely have a drink with for example.

Its up to a prosecution to prove, not the other way around.

I reckon Randy Andy is banged to right over this

If he goes to the USA he will have a lot of questions from the FBI and if he doesnā€™t he could well be found guilty by his absence.

Hi

Exactly right caricature.

The point is they probably can.

On the other hand, I am a Dad, it would have been his problem, not my daughters.

Youngsters are impressionable, that is life.

The law is there to protect them.

My daughter having sex with another her age, that is a fact of life.

Nothing wrong with that at all, as long as that is what she wanted and was not forced into it or manipulated by a much older man.

Then I would kick off, big time, and they would not enjoy the experience.

Irrespective of who it is, it is best they start running.

I guess heā€™s damned if he does, damned if he doesnā€™t, one things certain its not going to go away.

1 Like

And again I say that being like that is unfair!
A young British lad is killed and the American diplomat makes the problem go away for his wife; it stinks.

I donā€™t think Andy should escape justice either mind, but things have to be fair and this certainly isnā€™t.
As such I would be telling any US court just that and telling them to go whistle unless they reciprocate.

Again now I really feel for that poor boyā€™s family.

1 Like

has anyone ever established without any doubt the age of the girl/woman - I would imagine that was critical? under legal age of consent etc despite all the morality concerned in the case? so are suggesting that it was all ā€œabove boardā€ with the girl/woman being of consent age and possible receiving a high remuneration as well? or are we all guessing?

Hi

The burden of proof is on the accuser, Andrew has not denied this

The easiest get out of all, she was not underage.

Andrew has never claimed this simple absolute defence.

You have to wonder why?

Maybe he hasnā€™t needed to?
:man_shrugging:

Imagine if the USA actually gets as far as extraditing him for that argument to be successfully pursued.
:astonished:
There would be a few bankrupt Americans and a very wealthy Andrew, I suppose.
Which brings me to this; although I fully accept that appearances can be deceiving, she doesnā€™t look underage.
In fact there would be lots of questions if she were underage at the time, I should imagine.

I think what is the most worrying is that the word, ā€˜rapeā€™ has now been introduced into it all.
That is not a good look for him, he needs all the luck in the world now, as the case against him, has become most dangerous.

OK so everything else aside, what is the very best outcome for him, and what is the very worst?

Hi

The very best outcome for him would be for things to stay as they are.

No idea what would be the worst, except that it would be worse than it is now.

there is a strong possibility that Andrew didnā€™t know her age OR was informed by his lovely friends that she was over the age for consent. However proving it would mean a court case. I cannot imagine the girl/woman in question releasing her birth cert easily? In which case it still involves the need for some very smart dance steps probably from Andrew and his grannies legal team? It appears however that he is being charged with something because she IS/WAS under aged surely?