Planes Bikes and Automobiles

Lights and number plate locator fitted with new bracket, got to apply for a VIN Number and get the frame stamped.

1 Like

Had a wonderful day at Weston Park International Airshow today, couldnā€™t have been a better September day (pity about the Porta Loos, never seen such a state), well, the Bikes are nearly finished so, as we approach the depths of winter, expect to see something like these in Spittyā€™s Hangar

And one for a Geezer

1 Like

Some nice kit there Spitty, particularly like the couple of Piper Cubs, Geeza and his mateā€¦ :+1:

Inspired by that Cub, we have a large Cub which is being recommissioned this week.

Weston Park yesterday, knew this would make Youtube within 24 hours.

RC PLANE CRASH ! DEANOS 3D HOBBY SHOP EDGE 540 MIDAIR COLLISION WITH A PILOT RC LAZER - 2021 - YouTube

Done the rear light bracket, now done the rear indicators, front headlight should be here tomorrow.

1 Like

Ive not been on a Bicycle for about 10year , I didnt drive a car so that was my way of getting about .
I started off with a small wheeled fold up second hand bike .And then progressed to a large wheel bike . I also rode a Saracen bike that my son had put to one side .
Now im on my own again , im thinking about once more getting a bike but an Electric one .
Ive been following a few Brompton Bike YT, another fold up bike .
Easy to take on public transport or in back of a boot of a Taxi ,if I need a quick ride home .
:grinning:

the sur-on looks good liked my trials bikes in the past bit old for that now nice job on the tail tidy :+1:

@spitfire , spectacular crash Spitty !!
I didnā€™t see any parachutes though ? I spose the pilots perished ??
BTW, Was that a jet plane l saw there?
What do they use now for engines, Jet- ex ??
Donkeyman! :thinking::thinking:

Yes, there are many options, I donā€™t know but the Brompton is probably pure pedal assist, and is good for commuters who need assisted exercise, not much good for thrill seekers though. :biking_man:

Form over function, cant get clearance on the minimum size legal Number Plate, still trying to find a solution, may have to use an illegal Number Plate

Kerosene DM, the airframe was trashed but, engine and leccys are transferable.

could you not use one like a car number plate ? or change angle of hanger

Because it is a new bike, for some reason legislation prevents using an inline plate, I will get one made so I am not trying to evade identification, and, a discussion at the roadside can be had about the legality, just donā€™t want the machine impounded.

There is a guy in California who uses the Tag Sur Ronster, the music intro he uses to his video content is so apt, I hope he doesnā€™t mind if I pinch it.

Here is Stig Spitty out Ripping it up a bit. :grinning: :biking_man: :bike:

1 Like

Oh to be sixteen againā€¦ :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Nice pictures Spitty me lad, move over Evel Knievel. :smiley:

Thatā€™s a very technical looking helmet you have on, does it keep you in contact with mission control and supply oxygen too? definitely up to Lunar Module standards, one could pass through the Van Allen Radiation Belt with one of them helmets on and come out the other side unscathed. :wink:

Itā€™s a far cry from the old ā€˜bullet headā€™ helmet I used to wear on my trusty old Honda 50 back in the early 60ā€™s. if you took the leather straps off it doubled as a template for giving the kids cheap haircuts. :smiley:

Have fun with the bike and keep safe.
bullit head helmit

At Over 60, in a high speed collision, the nuts are expendable, the Brain has to be protected , thatā€™s pure logic. :laughing: :biking_woman: :biking_man: :bike:

Up to 144 miles since the Saracen received the Motor and Battery, and two charges. That distance is equal to riding from Birmingham to Kendal. :biking_man: :walking_man: