Planes Bikes and Automobiles

£160.00 to grind the Disc.

1 Like

Went to Smethwick today, parted with £160.00, there was no choice, if this project is to be completed.

Wow, :flushed: looks like I was in the wrong business… :smile:

The only reason I can think is that there is a standard charge for machine time? bottom line, caliper is now over disc.

1 Like

Had to find the source of the signals that infiltrate here everyday.

Took the Saracen to a Canal Side Hostelry, then went for a look at the HS2 production line.

Had a close shave on the bike today, a couple of days ago. I found by the front door a domed headed allen bolt that was unthreaded, gave the bike a once over but couldn’t see anything amiss but I did note the saddle was slightly loose. This morning I got on the bike and got about 3 metres down the drive when the saddle shot off and I had a close shave with the wedding tackle as I mounted the battery :grin:, the reason i could not recognise the bolt the couple of days earlier was because it had sheared of at the threaded part and the remaining bolt had done the same this morning. This could have had a bad outcome had I been travelling at speed, dread to think where the bare saddle pillar would have ended up.

1 Like

Should have remembered not to mention the name Stealth Bomber when trying to get components from legit Mountain Bike Shops, it’s like mentioning the Spanish Inquisition!! anyway, I finally got someone to give me some advice and send me links via Email to the components I needed, albeit with the addition of a written discluder at the bottom.

1 Like

Black Bomber should be mobile by the end of the week, that’s it, no more.

Just finished stripping the wings, it’s a laborious task, getting the covering back off requires the use of a heat gun but, the covering is made up of a colour coat and a clear coat, as you peel it off the clear and colour separates and if you heat the colour coat on it’s own, it turns into a mush, so, it has to be scraped carefully off with a modelling knife then sanded, this takes hours. you cant leave the old colour coat on because when you iron on the new white covering, the colour underneath bleeds through.
This is a photo of the original livery, which this is being returned to.

Seven hours to get to here.

1 Like

famous last words as he becomes hoisted on his own petard with spinning eyeballs??

I’ve got a dozen or so “boys own hobbies manuals” if ya want them??

Why would I? I wrote them!

terrible grammar heh??

That’s the fault of the “Comprehensive” system

yes I’m still correcting my 55yr old son when he calls me - and when he breaks into cockney - oh dear what a tangled web we weave!!

Right, the saga of the Black Bomber, the hub motor wheel came equipped with a motorcycle brake disc rotor, but, the Bomber frame has the mounting for and old technology Mountain Bike brake caliper so, the rotor is 3.5mm thick and the maximum thickness a mountain bike caliper can straddle is 2.0mm so the rotor was ground down to 2.0mm at a cost of £160.00. Next, the diameter of the disc was greater than normal MTB standard at 220mm so, against advice two adapters were purchased at a cost of £35.00, but this did not extend the caliper far enough so, a combination of M6 extension shims were purchased at a cost of £9.00, hopefully this will be the end of this debacle. The forth ignition switch actually fits so I now have three surplus none fitting switches, it should not be this hard should it?

1 Like

Lets hope the is the end of this brake Faff.

Certainly given you some grief Spitty, I just hope you had some degree of satisfaction from doing it. :thinking: