Planes Bikes and Automobiles

Here is the cable from my Chinese friend, couldn’t have got this done over here.

Went out on the white Bomber to the memorial place yesterday, been a while since this baby has been out

The Saracen went past 1300 miles today

Right, going to cut some corners, gotta get the Black Bomber functioning and feel the awesome power, we are entering the time danger zone now. :grin:

Broke the law again today, the Black Bomber is nearly ready now, no excuses there, here they are, side by side.

1 Like

Cut off work in North Birmingham today and took the Saracen to Barr Beacon, great vistas over my old stomping ground Sutton Coldfield, and the hills of Dudley in the other direction.

2 Likes

Shouldn’t have had to do this, if my Chinese supplier had given enough cable in the first place, this is what is required to extend that cable, life gets complicated sometimes

this is becoming a long thread heh this one - just to have a bit of a run on a scooter??

The Black Bomber should finally be commissioned this week, the rear Disc Rotor is off to an engineering company to be ground down from 3mm thickness to 2mm so a conventional MTB caliper will fit it. This will be the last bike build so might have to rename the thread “Planes and Automobiles”

I hate to think what you must have spent on the bomber Spitty, hope it was worth it? :thinking:

It could never be justified in cash terms Barry.

bulldust get ya self a push bike laddie - ya livin in the realms of make believe - go and join Jem in the Liffey!!

I know what you mean Spitty, I used to restore old motorbikes but at the finish the whole was always worth less than the sum of the parts… :roll_eyes:

Yep, and the fact it’s such a powerful machine, you have to fit the best quality, here is the rear caliper, a beautiful piece of engineering, this is a two pot because it is on the rear and cost £80, the front is a four pot unit and costs £115. The brake levers with master cylinders are £100 each and the braided hoses about £35 each so the total for the brakes is £465.

See the gap between the pads is 2.65mm, the rear rotor (motorcycle) is 3.6mm thick so the caliper won’t fit over it, hence the need to have it machined down.

Hope calipers are British made, and are considered to be among the best

Here is the rotor which I will have to remove later to get machined

Here is the breaker unit I installed today, it’s a fair bit beefier than what’s in you consumer unit, it trips at 100amps

Just checked the White Bomber, it’s just a year old and has only covered 250 KMS

Can you machine just one side or will 0.5mm have to be machined from each face? :thinking:

I hope the whole 1.0mm comes off the reverse face, that side is totally unfinished.

1 Like

get offa ya bike and earn a livin fgs!!

Got on the bike in the teens, got off it for a few decades, then got back on it, that is “The circle of Bike” :grin:

Rather than spend time and fuel, I posted the Disc/rotor first class recorded delivery to the heartland of engineering in this country, it will be interesting to see what cost is quoted, I have a figure in mind.