Planes Bikes and Automobiles

thought you’d gone over to metric system? - pottering along sounds like draggin ya euro tipsy toes?

I remember cursing the Summer weather for trashing the show season with rain and cold, well, what a turn round, supposed to be going to the RIAT at Fairford this weekend, if the prediction of 34 degrees proves right, shan’t be going.

Never went fully Metric gums, there is a flaw in my software, floors are measured in feet and inches.

Went out on a plodding Saracen ride today, had the desired effect, was very cooling. :bike:

1 Like

still using the van as major transport mechanism?

It has yet to come into its own, proper gummy, life is getting in the way.

oh so your sur on is registered for normal road use in GB?

getting too hot for cyclin spits?

The Sur ron has been sold, I am now assembling a 12KW Bomber, 75mph, silly I know but it is what it is

welcome back maybe you can scare Jem out of the woods?

A lot has happened Gummy, water under the bridge, but, the self is constant.

My van was knicked, just replaced it.

The Saracen has done 1050 miles now, just sayin.

so you had a van with knicers then? how distressing glad it was insured heh?

yea but you’ve done more on here heh?

Right the Sur ron is history, onward and upward, come across the first problem with the 12KW Bomber build. because the motor is so big the Swing Arm needs modification. The distance between the axle mounting slots is called the “Drop Out”, as you can see in standard form this distance is 175mm, the 12KW unit requires a 200mm Drop Out so the Swing Arm will have to have the box section cut, bent outward by 12.5mm (each side) the rewelded. I am having difficulty getting a fabricator to do this at the moment but an going to a company tomorrow, fingers crossed.

1 Like

Hello…so…wait, whats this? Are you building a bomber? I don’t know what that is runs off to google

Oooooh…thats impressive! :smiley:

I already have an 8KW Stealth, this is a 12KW, 75mph top speed.

1 Like

Bought the wheel and 200 amp controller off Alibaba today, they are built to order, 10 days building time, then, however long the shipping takes.

1 Like

Well remember the posties are on strike a few days this month, so it’ll take longer than normal!