Planes Bikes and Automobiles

Off on a journey tomorrow, got to look in at the show after 30 years of looking out.

1 Like

Which show is this?

It was RAF Cosford Pix, wanted to get to the point where folks used to gather, pre that catastrophic accident a few years ago, parked the van, got the bikes out and headed for this point. Security guards were at the side roads needed to get to that viewing point, we were told, only residents were allowed access so, we found a field gate, and, got a great view of the planes, never got to see the 50000+ folks milling around in the airshow compound, but, got a great view of the Euro Fighter with Union Jack graphics on the underside following the Spitfire.

you are a very naughty naughty naughty boy!!!

This was our pitch in this green and pleasant land.

The Hurricane and the Spitfire.

Euro Fighter following the Spitfire.

1 Like

Oooh! I do like those photos
very dramatic! :smiley:

did ya have ya umbrellas handy?

This is the fuselage of a Wot4 model aircraft, It was the first build I did for my son twenty years ago, at the time it was the first default plane for people who had just passed their test enabling them to fly unsupervised or buddied up. This one has seen some action and, was changed from the original livery but, we have ordered some of the original decals and are about to restore it, it not having seen the light of day for about 18 years.

They can be Prop Hanged and knife edged in preparation for the first low wing experience.

1 Like

This is the engine from it, its a .46 Irvine, still has great compression.

1 Like

Wow, now thats an interesting project for sure! I’d love to see how it turns out :smiley:

The Son and I are on a nostalgia trip, it will be done sooner rather than later.

1 Like

Aye
bet its finished before the kitchen ever will be! :joy:

Under normal circumstances I would have agreed with you but, I have had to bite the bullet and employ a Carpenter to commission the Kitchen. :smiley:

1 Like

Well you are free now to make planes, so its a win-win situation! :smiley:

No, I have to do all the preparatory work, to make the Carpenter look good :grinning:

that’s wot John the Baptist once said and look wot 'appened to him - “off with his head” said Herod!!

The Van bike support for the Sur ron and Bomber, can double up for the E-Mountain Bikes journey to Fairford next month. :grin:

62-F350-F4-AFEE-424-C-AC5-E-03556985-A1-EB

gummy, that was so long ago, I do understand the sentiment.

that’s why they always call you the unsentimental bloke and the ozzies wrote a poem about yea!!!