Planes Bikes and Automobiles

Gummy, I have managed to satisfy the petrol heads and the E-heads, I have invented a hybrid motorcycle.

:icon_wink: :bike:

1 Like

@spitfire - oh my effin god what the effin hell is that supposed to be? looks like a BSA on stilts to me or maybe itā€™s a ā€œcranebikeā€? wot ever it is it is an abomination - a blasphemy to the great bike god in the sky!! This is a sign of the future - no more ā€œoriginalsā€ just hybrids!

1 Like

This made me laugh a lot more than I expected! :joy:

thank ya mā€™am than ya - this is the great spottie and gumboil palladium show - once of the leisure scribbles goin nowhere and here were iz - tellin it like it should be told - bring out the BSA on stilts spottie!! drum roll please!!

The knee can sustain a Bomber Jaunt tomorrow, the Rolls Royce of EMTBā€™s.

1 Like

you started takin the knee heh over the bombers??

old Indian saying " he who kneeleth before the bomber soon get run over??"

Ummmm, that could be the reason Iā€™ve yet to see an ā€œOld Indianā€ on a Bomber!!!

Went out on the Bomber this morning, my Son went on the 2kw Emtb, didnā€™t see another Bomber or an Indian of any age. Made a decision to build the ultimate Bomber 15kw of raw power :smiley: went out on the Saracen this afternoon, went past four young men, the most heavily tattooed one graciously moved aside to allow me past, the guy on the other end of the four shouted, ā€œI want that Fuā€¦ing Bikeā€, by which time I was travelling faster than Usain Bolt in full flow :bike:. The Saracen has now covered 708 miles, nearly the distance from Adelaide to Wollongong :icon_wink: :bike:

pride cometh before a fall I am reminded of for some reason - or heā€™s like a kid with a new lollipop?

Lollipops are for suckers, Lions are full of Pride, so are Mothers, others spend a life in pridelessness but still fall occasionally, hopefully they fall with pride, anyway, back to the Planes Bikes and Automobiles, the Beamer is going to be placed on four axle stands this week, the wheels calipers and discs removed and new installed, I may wait until this is done and the car recommissioned then drive to the Windmill and walk the last few hundred yards, having to wear a hat with the roof down in the sun is just a symbolic reminder of the payback for wallowing in the pride of a full head of at one time. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

really wow - do take some piccies duckie!! chow now

ps: muddys havin a pink fit in the pink room??

Is a misquote Gumbug. It should be, ā€œPride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.ā€ (King James Bible)

See, this thread always tried not to be explicit, just joyful mobility.

did someone mention mobility scooters - now thatā€™s more like it!!

Did you ever read about the retired German electrical engineer who ā€œtweakedā€ his mobility scooter a few years ago? He got nicked for speeding at 50 or 60kph. :rofl:

what can I say ?? even the germans can be naughty at times - omg - ā€œdonā€™t mention the warā€ zieg hiel"???
or have I Put in the wrong place?

Went out on the Sur ron today, over the bumpy stuff, then encountered Bank Holiday crowd, spoilt it sort of. :bike:

maybe you spoilt their bank holidays too? is it noisy? and uncontrollable?

None of the above Gummy, its more unacceptable, its hard being considered a 60 something old Chav but, its also good, none conforming to the standard model.
There is also the possibility of being tarred by others brushes.

DNA spray used to tackle dangerous off-road bikers in Birmingham

This image shows an officer using DNA spray to tag an electric off-road bike that was causing a danger to other road users in Birmingham yesterday afternoon (17 April).

It happened as our traffic officers were sent out to deal with off-road bikes in Birmingham who were causing a nuisance and threatening to disrupt an organised charity bike ride in the city.

Selecta DNA spray in action

Selecta DNA spray in action on a bike in Birmingham city centre.

Traffic officers worked together with the dog unit, neighbourhood officers, response, drones and the helicopter to track bikers who were tearing up streets and pedestrianised areas.

Four electric bikes were seized for being ridden without insurance and two people were arrested for a range of offence including failing to stop, dangerous driving, driving whilst disqualified and possession of drugs.

Seized bikes

These are some of the bikes that were seized, several others were sprayed with DNA fluid and enquiries are ongoing.

While not everyone was arrested, weā€™ve got lots of footage of the suspects from the skies and many were sprayed with ā€˜Selecta DNAā€™. Some of the images captured yesterday show the bikes on the pedestrian walkway next to the A38M.

DNA tagging spray marks the bikes, clothing and skin of riders and passengers with a uniquely-coded but invisible DNA that will provide forensic evidence linking them to incidents theyā€™ve been involved in.

Our enquiries are ongoing, and anyone identified should expect their bike to be seized. Other action will be taken on a case by case basis, as appropriate.

Electric / off-road bikes on a pedestrian walkway

Footage shows off-road bikes on a pedestrian walkway next to the A38M.

Sergeant John Cartmell, from our traffic unit said: ā€œWe are always working hard to keep the community and our roads safe. Our efforts to tackle off-road bikers and those who pose a danger to others forms part of a commitment to protect the public and prevent crime, and the use of DNA spray and stinger devices and team work is really making a positive difference.

ā€œWeā€™ve spoken about the use of DNA spray quite a few times in the past, but I think itā€™s interesting for people to know that we do use it, to understand how it works, and how it helps us bring people to justice for the crimes they commit even long after they were committed.

ā€œAs well as the DNA spray being used, about Ā£20,000 worth of electric off-road bikes were seized.

ā€œOur message to illegal off-road bikers is simple ā€“ if you are using the roads to commit traffic offences and behaving anti-socially on an off-road bike, you will be found.

We are now appealing for anyone with information about what happened yesterday to get in touch. Perhaps you have dash cam footage, or suspect you know someone who was involved ā€“ if you can assist our investigation in any way, weā€™re keen to hear from you.

Similarly, weā€™d encourage people to call us every time they see illegal off-road biking so that we can map the activity and effectively deal with offences.

ā€œItā€™s not about ruining peopleā€™s fun. Illegal off-roading causes damage to parks and open spaces in the West Midlands and riders are putting themselves and members of the public at risk when they ride off-road bikes in inappropriate areas, like parks and on the pavement,ā€ added Sgt Cartmell.

If you need to tell us something, get in touch via Live Chat at www.west-midlands.police.uk 8am ā€“ midnight, or call 101 anytime. To remain 100% anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111. Please quote log number 733 of 17/04/22.

Click here for more information about electric bikes and the law or visit the off-road bikes section of our website.

I knew it ! - knew it no good wouldl come of this ā€˜puppy dogā€™ bikes from Japan invading the beautiful british countryside - we beat them once after Pearl Harbour and we will do it again! I rode motor bikes through my late teen years with no problems from me or the rest of us - there was on bike and one liscence and that was it - now there is a raft of regulations trying to cover bikes with little engines - Sir - itā€™s NOT ON!!