Planes Bikes and Automobiles

When I was a teenager, I read a story in a newspaper about a woman who travelled around Australia on horseback. A “jilleroo” they called her. The article was really well written and lit up my imagination. Suddenly I wanted a horse and a backpack, and travel the length & breadth of Britain. I still do, really :joy:

The choice of travel for the Chav, or, a two wheeled Mobility Scooter, depends where a laterally positioned individual finds them self on the timescale.

Anyone tried a Moped? I quite fancy one of them for tootling around…

Too much noise Pix, can’t cruise round Warwick Castle pleasure Grounds on one them.

Oh are they noisy? Ack, no, I can’t be doing with that then. :frowning_face: :motor_scooter:

This sort of explains the reasoning for having an eBike and Sur ron etc, I watch this guy a lot and he has both. He is lucky to be based in Oxfordshire so don’t need a van, he does a bit of culture, in this Video Stow-On-The-Wold, then goes exploring to find good venues to take the Sur ron to…

will this help at all??

urban ebikes in our day they were just called “scrabblers” and could be used on and off the road - had a dot you may recall?

Again, yes electric bikes are. However there are still restrictions on modifications and only the above bikes are legal on the road without registration.

It’s important to note new bikes since 2015 with a “twist and go” throttle function cannot go more than 3.7mph (6km/h). They do not qualify to be an EAPC, as there are no pedals involved.

Any electrically assisted vehicle that falls outside of this category must be registered, taxed and requires a licence.

Wrong, there is no taxation class for electric bikes.

Took the more powerful controller back off the Bomber, and reinstated the original because of the display plug incompatibility problem, at least the bike will get some use again.
They look the same but they ain’t

really???

Yep, I now have 20% of the next Bomber build, we shall see.

Took the Bomber back to standard, will be out on it tomorrow.

The 72150 controller has become a bit of an expensive paperweight at the moment, this is the reply I got from someone who works with them.

“Hi
It is not as easy as it looks as Sabvotons (MQCON) are manufactured for distributors and every distributor tend to use different displays, the problem is not only with the type of connection. Most distributors have different communication protocols used to communicate between sabvoton and the display, so even if you will have the same plug there is no warranty that it will work, it may but no warranty. The only reason why bit is like that is to force customer to buy from the same supplier. There is way to overcome this disadvantage. One of them is to change software on the sabvoton, but you have to know what you are doing, and the other one, in my opinion the best way, is to use something cold MPe -this is onboard computer, which you connect between your controls and the only connection to the sabvoton from MPe is the throttle and breaks. MPe have its own display (3 different types to chose from). And it is controlling your battery state of charge and much more”.

The 72100 is reinstalled so I can Take or send the 72150 as required.

well I still think my BSA was simpler; easier and british! - all that nippon talk gives me the egey begeys!

An old geezer would agree Gummy, an old geezer with young eyes would see it differently.

oeer get him mother - fancypants spittie from down the road on his evil nippon!! bring back the vincent

now oil be tinkin now - doesn’t that remind ya of a concertina on wheels?

Got the locking wheel nuts removed from the Z3 yesterday, after 7 years of ownership, never realized I never had the key for them. I now have new Discs, Calipers, Pads and Handbrake Cable to be fitted, and replacement Fluid, then off for MOT, a bit of summer usage, then off for respray and a new soft top.

1 Like

I had to look up what a Z3 was! I thought it was another vehicle thing you had :joy: Didn’t realise you meant the beamer. :roll_eyes: Respray? What colour are you going for?

It will stay Montreal Blue Pix, the color was part of the original purchase decision.

1 Like