Planes Bikes and Automobiles

As graceful as ever, gumbud! How are you :hugs:

1 Like

Excuse me, this is a personal thread, stalled by my injury, if folks don’t own a Plane, Bike or Automobile, they should not exchange niceties on here. :bike:

1 Like

injury ;injury injury ??? no one ever mentioned an injury - oh dear was it fatal?

I would not be posting if it was, it’s done just enough to realign the thought pattern, we are just at the thrux of something, or maybe not.

1 Like

@spitfire - OMG is this what I think it is not that naughty naughty sur on - keeps throwing you off ? is this the parting of the waves - comin now spits you are among friends here spits it out??

@PixieKnuckles - fine darl fine missin your dulcet tones and enjoying slight aussie drizzles in the forest!

That’s a fine looking ebike. Is that a 900 watt battery? I just got my first ebike this January and am trying to get used to it. It’s quite a heavy bike @74 pounds but it’s a lot of fun and with the cost of gas these days
. :slightly_smiling_face:

@spitfire -Ecusie ; ecusie - I beg your pardon - I’ve had many many bikes and automobiles in my time and I also have several planes hanging up in the tool shed??

@spitfire - has this law changed at all? oh dear thought I was attaching that pic you showed outside a country park or council thingy?
" This sign is now on the Country Park gate, good job it only applies to E Scooters. " that bit??

The Battery capacity is usually Quoted in Volts and Amp Hours Bratti, the Legal Bikes usually run 36v Batteries 10 Amp Hour ish to a 250/350w motor, a 2000w motor would realistically need a 52v, 20 Amp Hour Battery.

Legality is an issue, that is why it is wise to get a van, and stick to remote areas Gummy

Apologies, Spitty, of course we shouldn’t cycle off track should we :joy: I shall get a photo of my bike and put it on here later on, just to redeem myself. My bike doesn’t have a flag, just sayin’ :+1:

Ok. My battery is in watts. It’s a 500 watt gear hub motor. I guess there’s differences due to the different countries. I saw a 900 number on yours and wondered whether that’s what it’s for. I know there are 750 watt motors in some of the bikes.
Thx.

You are right that there is a legal limit to how much power the batteries can have. Where I live there is a 500 watt limit.

https://epiccycles.ca/electric-bike-electric-scooter-laws-regulations-canada/

@spitfire - how strange and yet for many years and probably still the much more powerful motorbikes of the say 250cc /500 cc were able to be used on the open road once registered /taxed with a competent rider? so what has changed these nippon machines surely are not as powerful as the old bsa’s ; velocetes ; vincents etc etc?

There are out and out Electric Motorcycles gummy available now that will trade blows with modern Superbikes, but, that is what they are, they are expensive and, form a mode of day to day road transport. Take Tesla’s, family saloon cars that because of the linear power of the electric motor, out accelerate Porsche 911’s, so, If you had a long stretch of road, something like a BSA C15 (the only BSA I owned), from memory, head to head with a small Sur ron, the Sur ron would hit its maximum speed (50mph in standard form) I would guess in about 7.5 seconds, and top out at which point, the C15 would catch up and go on to whatever speed, but, that is not point of the Sur ron, they are supposed to be Off Road, a job they do very well, on the road the acceleration is useful but, you would not want to spend long on a fast dual carriageway on one.

If electric prices weren’t going up the way they are, I would seriously consider getting an e-scooter. But charging for 3 hours costs a fortune, so nope.

1 Like

So much Techy stuff is going on, no point in talking about it, frustrating times.

@PixieKnuckles =bring back horse power I say - cowboys and their horses - breeze in ya hair at 88 mph - what’s wrong with that and free manure!

1 Like

@spitfire so just a sports device then - a fun run ; we used to call em scrabbler bikes right? :woozy_face:

@spitfire - and ya need a bloody big van to transport em around?? wots the point?? escapism??