Planes Bikes and Automobiles

@spitfire , Do you fink the Honda will take an Ammaco oon
the panniers then Spitty ??
Donkeyman! :thinking::thinking:

Any of the Leccy’s will see the Honda off (For the first 5-10 seconds) DM.

having speed and noise in a peaceful countryside ambience does seem to clash somewhat - you may have some tourist or local opposition!

still sounded better than the spitter spatter of a two stroked?

And, what happened to your BMW project? Is it on a back burner?

Funny you should ask Minx, tomorrow, the son is coming round at midday, and the replacement bonnet is being fitted, to get rid of the contaminated paint bonnet which, is why the car was relatively cheap in the first place, watch this space.

1 Like

Oh I definitely will Spitty!!!
I love all these projects.

I used to help my dad with his car most weekends- pottering around under the bonnet. A real Tomboy!

Space is the enemy of the eternal tinkerer Minx, in the next life I’m going to aspire to a massive garage with a small house attached.

Says every man in the world! :joy:

But not with so much “Gusto” :grinning:

1 Like

Oh I think “Gusto” is liberally applied to most of the words in that sentence, Spitty…particularly the words “massive” and “garage” :roll_eyes: :joy:

Ok, we have the weekly stats on the steps, one week. Monday to Sunday.

214392 paces between 8.30am and 6.30pm
@2100 paces per mile 102.16 miles per week

214392 paces divided by seven days = 30627 per day average.

30627 multiplied by a 31 day month = 949437 recorded paces per month.

If you add in the unrecorded ones, that would equate to one million per month

1M divided by 2100 paces per mile = 476 miles per month.

12 x 476 miles = 5712 miles per year.

Every five years I have walked the circumference of the Earth.

Not bad for a sixty something. :grinning: :walking_man:

3 Likes

Ready for one more circumvention. :grinning: :walking_man:

This is my impressed face → :astonished: Well done! :+1:

Change the brakes on the new conversion, put the throttle on, made an obvious bloomer, only cost £4.00 to put right, drilled out the original righthand brake pull to retain the gearchange actuator.

Got out on the Saracen today, it was just warm (and dry enough), up to 490 miles now, in another 60 I will be in John o’ Groats. :grinning: :mountain_biking_man:

2 Likes

This the Honda with the old petrol tank still in situ, I will remove it tomorrow when I have more time, the new one is paid for but I cannot collect it until New Year weekend, got to go to Wiltshire for it, a nice drive through the Cotswolds. with this tank off, I can remove the Rocker Cover, polish or paint it and dress the engine before fitting the new exhaust pipes, then time for the first start up in four years.

1 Like

glad to see ya riding real bikes for a change!

Gum, only an “r” differentiates electric and eclectic.

I will ride 500 miles, and I will ride 500 more :grinning:. It was a bit twitchy on the canal towpath today, had to be very gentle with the throttle, hence, was not muddy when I got home, the first splats of mud make contact with the face at 20mph+.

2 Likes

It’s taken me 42 years 3 months and 4 days to complete almost 40,000 miles Spitty, and you have done it in just a couple of years. Well done mate… :+1:
Now I’ve had a re-furb and a new electrical circuit fitted I might be able to add some more miles before the old guy calls me up…
:sunglasses:
A very Merry Christmas to you and all your family Spitty…
:biking_man: