Planes Bikes and Automobiles

Been on adventure To Lichfield, parked up an Gopro’d the journey to watch tonight, it will be an education for the Wife when she sees the near miss with a car pulling out, here is the Saracen at the Cathedral.

The screws have come for the Beamer headlights

3 Likes

I love how the Saracen takes centre stage, Spitty! That should be you standing there, pointing like a tourist with a big grin :joy:

What a beautiful Cathedral Spitty, it makes a perfect background for the Saracen :grinning:

That’s a beautiful picture Spitty ! What a lovely backdrop!

That’s great! Progress!

Just bought another Mountain Bike to convert to electric, the Saracen is 1.5KW, this one will be 2KW, the extra umph will be useful as, predominantly my son will accompanying me on it and he is 6"2in and 100kgs. We go to many large shows in the Spring/Summertime and we always had the FIL with us, so, there was no choice but to tolerate the large traffic queues. In the coming season as the FIL is no longer with us, when we go to Fairford for example, these converted pushbikes are very portable, and can fit in my MPV so, we will park maybe five miles away, stick our backpacks on and wizz in through the traffic, or, if we are feeling tight, glide to a perimeter location, and save some cash. :biking_man: :biking_man:

1 Like

Here is the new basis for the 2KW motor, what a bargain if you just only wanted a Mountain Bike, its been ridden once, cost £265.00 at Halfords, paid £50.00 for it, it seems a shame to pull it about fitting the electrics.

2 Likes

Great bargain! :+1:

It feels as light as a feather Pix, but, the Saracen did until all the stuff was bolted on. :grin: :biking_man:

1 Like

Well don’t be loading too much onto this one then…the frame looks fairly lightweight…

Watched the Gopro of Lichfield last night, forgot the sound recording was on, I sound right Brummie in a conversation I have with a Traffic Warden. :blush: :biking_man:

1 Like

Aww I love a good accent…especially from “berrrrming’am” :joy:

(I’m saying that out loud several times and sound i’m from liverpool!)

It is funny where the car cut me up, I think I “Tailgated” him on my Bike. :grin:

1 Like

Time to go and earn some cash, being an Ehead don’t come cheap. :cry:

1 Like

You were lucky not to get into bother…most drivers are not bike fans…!

When you’ve got an old git of a cyclist, in your rear view mirror at 35mph for a mile or so, it must raise concerns in the drivers mind. :laughing:

1 Like

Tiffany

24 May

My late OH would have got on very easily with you Spitfire, he ate & slept model planes. He made, over the years, far more that he could ever fly. He was a perfectionist & all were built properly.
His model flying club buddy sold all OH’s planes for me after he died.

My dad was a great model plane guy, he was still in the Black Watch when he made some of the bigger ones.

1 Like

That’s a great set of wheels Spitty

A shrewd purchase Minx, just got to get my Son to cough up half’s on the rest of the build. The Gopro got me thinking of 1985, and a Young Lady from Lichfield,

1 Like

Are you going to tell us the story

1 Like