Planes Bikes and Automobiles

Thank you. :heartpulse:

1 Like

OK the Saracen has had its last run, the new front forks should be here tomorrow, and I have risked it long enough on these.

It has now hit the 300 mile travel distance.

This sign is now on the Country Park gate, good job it only applies to E Scooters. :policeman: :heavy_check_mark: :smiley:

Tomorrow will be a Sur ron day, or Bomber day

2 Likes

Ok, it was a Sur ron day, we went to the park, hardly a soul about, I like Autumn. :smiley:

My Son spent Friday, and Friday night at Stratford-Upon-Avon, whilst there he spotted a Sur ron which had been wrapped in gold wrap, outside a Jewellery Shop in the Town, might pop there the weekend, and see if I can get a picture of it, and see how the Saracen does with its new forks. :biking_man:

2 Likes

New Forks have arrived for the Saracen, goin to fit um tomorrow, then, the weekend will go to Stratford-Upon-Avon, and try to photo (and GoPro) the golden Sur ron, or, go to Kenilworth and photo and GoPro the Castle.

3 Likes

Ok, the Saracen Forks are fitted, Forks were not a problem, but, the old style headstock bearings and cups were, they were shot, but, it is not difficult sourcing the bearings but things like the preload washer are. By luck, a bike shop only three miles from me (which I didnā€™t know existed) had a very rare hybrid set, the cups are square and except the modern one piece bearings, unfortunately a pair of original cage bearings are Ā£2.99 Ebay, the complete hybrid set was Ā£34.95, but, after phoning a few dealers, this seems to be the price for a complete headset kit, so, was Ok for this rare one. Also, the new forks have the caliper fixing points on the rear of the stanchion, the old Forks had them on the side, so a new adaptor bracket had to be sourced.

Saracen at the Park where the Sur ron was.

New Forks

New Caliper Adapter, to the left of the writing

New mileage, pre the weekend adventure

Ainā€™t made my mind up, where to go yet.

2 Likes

1 Like

Boys ā€˜nā€™ their toys :joy:

Nice work though, Iā€™m sure all the fiddling and sourcing will be worth it! :+1:

1 Like

Its all about safety Pix, the extra weight and speed puts additional strain on a Mountain Bike. :biking_man:

1 Like

Fair enough, yesā€¦I can understand that.

Might want to use the pedals more though if you want to shift those extra pounds :joy:

ducks

Nice one Pix, not my extra weight :laughing:, the battery, and motor, and speed ainā€™t to do with Drugs. :joy: :heavy_check_mark: :biking_man:

1 Like

Just my humour, Spittyā€¦you know that :hugs: yes the drag on the important bits can be wearing.

Back to the Car now, just started ordering new brake parts, ainā€™t used the car for two and a half years now. :blue_car:

1 Like

Crikey, itā€™ll be more than brake parts youā€™ll need after that length of time! :astonished:

No, not so, its German.

3 Likes

Well it is Planes Bikes and Automobiles.

Planes tomorrow. :blue_car: :grinning:

Oooh, now that is a little cracker! (Not that Iā€™m into cars at allā€¦but I do like that!)

I seem to have accumulated a lot of stuff designed for getting from A to B under various circumstances, and with a certain design flair, as yet to find out why. :thinking: :heavy_check_mark: :blue_car: :smiley:

I await the plane with curiosity thenā€¦drones will do! :joy:

:grinning: :thinking:, I remember Drones, pre Drones. :laughing:, think Iā€™ve done it. :joy: :biking_man:

Pre drones? paper aeroplanes donā€™t countā€¦ :joy: