Planes Bikes and Automobiles

Had to go to the outskirts of the City today so, threw the Saracen in the back of the car. I parked up at the start of a walking/cycling trail that winds its way for a good five miles to about two miles from the city centre ,now, I love a bit if solitude, but after 3 miles or so, I had not seen a sole and the wide open vista each side of the path had reduced to tall tress and shrubs either side of the path, all of a sudden I found the situation slightly threatening, maybe because the bike is powered and you would have had to grind to a practical stand still to pass anyone, so, I peeled off and made the return trip through the suburbs. :biking_man:

Had a bit of separation anxiety today, the Sur Ron is in the workshop, I will collect it in the morning, not long if I can sleep. :biking_man:

Just dug the old TomTom Sat Nav out, been years since I used it, think it needs its database updating, there are only three roads on it, Watling Street, Ryknield Street and Fosse Way. :laughing: :biking_man:

1 Like

whatā€™s you have reached your destination in Latinā€¦

Can do the roads without Google, can do the lingo. :smiley: :biking_man:

1 Like

My Pal is back, we are off for a blast in the morning. :grinning: :biking_man:

1 Like

This is the next one, Electric is the way forward. :biking_man:

2 Likes

That looks quite smart, Spitty! :+1:

The gentleman I met today at the Ebike establishment was very knowledgeable, and worked on my Light Bee for zero cost, the Storm Bee is the next manifestation, so have to have one. :biking_man:

But of course! Onwards and upwards eh! :smiley:

Up on the A1 by Scotch Corner
Just like it used to be
And as he flies, tears in his eyes
His wind-whipped words echo the final take
And he hits the trunk road doing around a hundred and twenty
With no room left to brake

Its Friday night, Spitty, lets not think about sad thingsā€¦ :frowning:

It would be ironic though, after feeling disconcerted, on a petrol vehicle early 70ā€™s, to be taken out on an electric vehicle 21st Century. :smiley: :biking_man:

1 Like

haha! Yes indeedā€¦

Came across a few courteous folks. today, who said thank you after I gave them space, and waited for them whilst out on the Sur ron, also, some young Lads on Mountain Bikes tried to accompany me, their time will come when this becomes commonplace. :biking_man:

Did they try and race you? :joy:

Yes they did, I was more concerned as an old Geezer, not looking silly whilst they ate grass. :laughing: :laughing: :biking_man:

1 Like

Aye, ok thenā€¦Speedy Gonzales, eh?

Its fun but, not groundbreaking :smiley:, it would have been more fun eons ago :smiley:biking_man:

:biking_man:ā€¦:biking_man: ā€¦:biking_man: