I left my camera hanging on the fence overnight about four days ago. Under the canopy of a large tree. It rained overnight. Some water was on the camera. Initially it worked. Though at least one function stopped working. Cannot view photos in camera once taken. Menu button not working. Flash not working. Looks like I done a real job on it. ![]()
Anyways, I can still take photos, so here is one from a couple days later.
Some snaps from today’s Sovereign Hill visit in Ballarat.
Purified gold being poured
That gold bar she created is worth $600,000 hence the strong box
The view of the city of Ballarat (it is called Sovereign Hill for a reason
)
Your photos of Ballarat have brought back a memory from 1966 when I was working at a large engineering company just outside of Northampton which had an Australian branch at Ballarat! The name stuck in my memory because I liked the sound of it. It’s nice to see what it looks like, all these years later. What a small world, as they say!
Perfecto !
This is getting to be a habit @Bretrick, first the video camera now the still camera!
Nice rainbow though.
Exploring Ballarat on a cold, miserable, overcast day (bloody Victoria!) It didn’t actually rain but constantly looked like it.
The site of water sports during the 1956 Melbourne Olympics, Lake Wendouree - Kayaking, rowing canoeing.
Spent an interesting hour in this market, find it a bit disturbing that LPs and DVDs are now collectable items. I didn’t buy anything, I own enough junk.
Nearby was a large statue of a miner and his dog. No idea why.
I am rather angry at myself, for sure.
Buried the camera in rice. Give it a week, see what eventuates. ![]()
Another great selection of photos Bruce, and I must agree with your statement about junk.
We’ll soon be antiques ourselves…
![]()
![]()
Just a driving day today only stopped a couple of times
Some Silo Art - BTW there is a Silo Art Trail map
…and a big strawberry (we stopped for strawberry Ice cream)
Amazing pics ![]()
![]()
Excellent !
Your pic reminded me of this one, taken on Portland Dorset after the Olympics here. The water sports were held in Weymouth bay.

Your commemoration is posher though. ![]()
Went for a walk along the seafront and found my way blocked by a hovercraft coming into land. Part of a trial service going over to the Isle of Wight. Taken with my mobile phone.
Many, many years ago as a teenager in the days after hovercrafts were invented I was on Dover harbour seafront for some reason and they had got a hovercraft stuck against the sea wall. They asked for volunteers to help push it away so it could steer itself.
A few dozen people got ready to push but as soon as they started the lift we all ran away because of the shingle being thrown out by the draft - it hurt I can tell you.
In the end they got a tractor or a four wheel drive to tow it off the wall
Nothing very exciting to show today, in fact just some stills from my dashcam.
First a little somethng for @realspeed in the “Spot the Kangaroo” categary
Following my daughter’s Delica across the Lake Eppalock Dam wall.
Yet another Roman road.
And finally leaving the state of NSW and entering the ACT
Forgive the quality.
That’s all follks!
Dunnottar Castle Ruins over on the East Coast, I call it Steps Castle as there’s so many and boy do you feel them, both there and back. But it’s a fantastic place.
Approach steps - Exactly 219 steps lead down the cliffside and back up to the gatehouse.
Steps to the kiosk - Inside the main entrance, 17 uneven steps lead up to the ticket kiosk.
Steps to the interior - From the kiosk to the inner area of the castle, there are another 48 uneven steps.
Within the grounds - The ruins feature various changing ground levels, inclines, and extra stone or cobblestone steps.
Beautiful!
I love steps Rox, the best training there is. If I lived local I would be up and down them at least once a week…
Here’s my version…
























