Over 50's Wales Club

Great turn out for the church fete yesterday and the weather was good.
Son no2’s birthday today.Have arranged a video call at 12.30 but he’s made me promise not to sing!

1 Like

Youngest son’s partner’s bithday yesterday - and I didn’t know. We went to dinner in their local pub, but I didn’t have a present for her - however I’ve arranged for flowers to be delivered though it won’t be until Tuesday, but I expect she’ll enjoy them when they come.

DIL and youngest grandson arrived yesterday afternoon with mower and strimmer, so the garden is looking a bit tidier. It inspired my to go out this morning and do a bit more. So lovely to see the sun, but I got so hot that I had to come indoors to cool off!

Rob is beginning to improve at long last, though is still coughing a bit. One of the Drs came to see him on Friday (without my asking!) and gave him quite a thorough going over, so fingers crossed we’re through the worst of the infection.

1 Like

Another sunny warm day ahead today.
First day in nursery for g.grandson yesterday and first full day in school for g.granddaughter,it went so well that they’re willing to go again today!
Glad to hear Rob is improving Sue.
Enjoy the sunshine.

1 Like

I’m improving too! Blood pressure was slightly down this morning. Isn’t it lovely to go out without a coat or even a cardigan? Weather is supposed to break around 5 pm tomorrow but I have a chap coming to try and cut back some of my jungle in the morning.

Glad to hear nursery and school went down well. It was Jamie’ first day in college (Agrculture course). So funny, he was disgusted with the college farm. As we pointed out, he knows better already! His hay is better, and so are the cattle (haven’t heard anything about the sheep yet). He gave me a hug as he was going out. I was enveloped, he’s now 6 ft. 2ins!

1 Like

Rain today but luckily rain held off for our walk this morning.
Had two power cuts last night around 9.30 but they didn’t last long.Clock on the cooker flashing,can never remember how to reset it-will have a look for the manual.
Glad you’re better too Sue.How’s Jac these days?

1 Like

Terible forecast for today, but it hasn’t been that bad. Haven’t done much, but have at least read all the instructions on what and when to eat before my colonoscopy next week. Will have to do some shopping for stuff I don;t normally eat (white bread, cornflakes, etc.)

Haven’t heard anything from Jac for a week or so, I’ll send her a FB message this evening.

1 Like

morning,lots of rain over night,off to a murder mystery tonight,with 3 course meal,and beer of course lol.
stay dry

1 Like

I’m due in Hereford hospital on Wednesday for a procedure so had a Covid test today and have to isolate for three days beforehand. This is going to be difficult. Rob’s carers are in and out of the kitchen and I use their lavatory during the day - so there’s going to be some tiptoeing around for a few days!

Got a couple of loads of washing done and dried today, despite a few spits of rain - but it’s not very warm - and the lights are on by 8 pm if not earlier. Winter draws on…

1 Like

Autumn is certainly here.Have to put the light on in the morning when I get up and lamp on 7ish in the evening.
Son no 1 was going to come for lunch yesterday but something cropped up so coming today instead.
Hope it goes ok for you on Wednesday Sue.

1 Like

Hope it went well at the hospital Sue.
My g.grandaughter is in the Heath again.The scar site where she had the last op isn’t healing.She’s having scan today and probably op tomorrow to move the shunt to the front of her brain.This’ll be her 9th operation and she’s not 5yrs old yet. Expect she’ll bounce back again and be her usual cheeky self.
Take care.

1 Like

All well at the hospital thanks Rhosyn. Wasn’t half as bad as I expected! and the staff were all so nice and cheerful - and caring. Sorry to hear about your ggranddaughter, she is a proper little soldier isn’t she?

Been down to Hay this morning to collect meds for Rob - and have booked my flu jab. Found a convenient parking space (most of the tourists have retreated now, thank goodness) and picked up my new glasses without having to walk too far. (Broke now)

Strange day, was dark and gloomy when I got up and dressed accordingly - now going to have to find something lighter to wear in the house as the sun is cracking the flags.

1 Like

Hi, this is an automated message from your friendly Over50sChat bot :039:

Just a quick note to say a new thread about Wales has been posted :blush: You can view the thread here:

Don’t forget you can view our mini-forum for Wales here: Wales Forum | Over 50s Chat (over time as more threads about Wales are posted here they will show up there, and when search engines index the forum it will mean more people searching for ‘over 50s in Wales’ will be more likely to spot the forum… and… hopefully… register and join in with you all :003:)

:orange_heart:

1 Like

Lovely day, despite the horrid forecast. However I did have to whisk the washing off the line when I came home from Church as it tried to rain for an hour or so. This afternoon I managed to get my car washed - at long last. Don’t know when it was last done. The youngest grandson was doing all the work, I was cooing over a pair of twin baby calves.

Had a message from Jac Rhosyn. Her daughter isn’t too well and Jac hasn’t managed to navigate to here yet, but she did say she would try again.

1 Like

Had a worrying couple of days,little g.granddaughter has been in ICU,they had to put a new shunt in-again.Can’t control the pressure in her brain.She’ll probably be back on the ward today-fingers crossed.She was quite chatty this morning apparently.
Had my flu jab this morning,arm a bit sore.Visit to have eye test after that,thank goodness didn’t need new specs.

1 Like

Do hope your little ggranddaughter is better soon Rhosyn, will keep her in my prayers. Youngest grandson tested positive for Covid this morning, but his Mum is fairly certain he’s just got a cold (runny nose and little cough) They have both been for a PCR test at lunchtime so will probably know one way or another tomorrow morning. Went for BP check again this morning but it’s still too high to please the Doc. He’s added another pill to my meds! I’ll be rattling soon.

Lovely day here and I have just opened the front door to look at a wonderful sunset. Red sky again tonight, should be good tomorrow, but probably not for much longer by the sound of it.

A friend brought me some blackberries this afternoon and I have some applies from youngest son so will probably make blackberry and apple crumble tomorrow.

1 Like

Feeling less stressed-g.granddaughter was discharged from hospital on Friday evening.Going back to the Heath today to have her stitches removed and a check up.
Doc- was in Potyates on Friday.My friend treated me to lunch i Tor Cefn.Have you been there Doc?They’ve done it out-worth a visit.
Rained a lot during the night.Luckily had a dry walk this morning.

1 Like

So glad your g granddaughter is better Rhosyn. What a trooper!

Very quiet here and the weather has broken with a vengeance. I don’t think the rain has stopped all day. Think I’ve had my last meal from the runner beans. Considering only four of the fifteen Chris planted have grown, they’ve done very well.

My family are still in isolation. Chris is loads better and bored stiff! Begging everyone to play football with him. Jamie is not so good, he’s coughing more than everyone else. DIL (despite being double jabbed) tested positive too, but says she just feels as though she has a cold. My son, Micky, is trying to keep away from the three of them - Joy says he was reluctant to get into bed with her - I suggested he make up a bed in the barn! Just as well they don’t feel too bad, there are still animals to be checked every day and fed.

1 Like

Had a hectic couple of days.Had a surprise visit from son no2 on Monday,then son no1, grand children g.grandchildren came late afternoon for a “steak party” for my birthday which was yesterday but they all them couldn’t make it yesterday so the celebration was a day early.Son no2 stayed Monday night and cooked me eggs royal for my breakfast.
Was concerned about him driving back-weather and fuel wise.He went off the M4 at Newport and got fuel on the A48-no queues at the garage he went to.
This petrol situation is totally crazy.
Hope all your family will recover soon Sue.

I hope everyone in the Over 50s Wales Club are keeping well. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I’m bett er than I was, thanks Mags. Had an allergic reaction to a change of meds and I’m still itching. Seen more of the Drs in the last weeks than I have in all my life I think! Since the change of format we seem to have dropped off the site (well there were only three of us posting regularly).

2 Likes