Over 50's Wales Club

At last! It’s taken me several goes to get here, but I’ve made it. Keep arriving at the archived posts instead of the new ones, most frustrating.

It’s a horrid grey soggy day here and I have one of Rob’s special sheets waiting to go out on the line (too big to hang on an airer) so hope the weather bucks up soon.

Waiting for his girl to drive up from Devon. She’s picking something for lunch up from Waitrose in Crickhowell as my Asda order isn’t arriving until after 4 pm this afternoon! Well it’s 12.50 and no sign of her, so it looks like a late lunch!

1 Like

sue click on your profile pic,it shows you all the posts you made here,

2 Likes

Is there a Waitrose in Crickhowell now? I have often thought about moving round that way but didn’t know they had a Waitrose :smiley:

Not only Waitrose but the biggest Morrisons in the country so I’ve been told.

1 Like

I can’t find it Sue… the only one I can see is the one in Abergavenny:

Is that the one you mean?

If so it is the biggest Waitrose store in Wales and I go there sometimes (The Cardiff branch is closer to me tho) :smiley:

You’re absolutely right! Told you I had brain fog…

1 Like

Haha no worries - I do like that store as they always seem to have everything in stock and a bigger variety of fresh foods than the Cardiff store too :smiley:

morning folks,seems to be a drier day here in Pontyates,
have a great day

1 Like

morning all a nice fine day here in the valley :+1:

1 Like

Trip into Hereford today. Takes nearly an hour atm because of all the road works. Called at Oakchurch garden centre on the way home for tea and bun. We were remembering when it was just a farm that did pyo strawberries - now it sells just about everything. Garden centres and the new department stores. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Morning all another nice sunny morning here in the valley

1 Like

morning folks,cloudy with drizzle here,lucky for some

1 Like

Not a bad morning weather wise.
Got most of the family descending on me later.Eldest grandson is back from London for his birthday on Thursday so making him a birthday tea today. :birthday:

2 Likes

Still struggling to get to here without going all round the mulberry bush! Today I was invited to Log in - never had that before.

Big mistake this morning, did a load of washing, including an enormous sheet from Rob’s bed, and it promptly started to rain. It will just have to wait until tomorrow to go on the line. Had the Dr out to him again. He’s not responding to the antibiotics as quickly as he should so she’s giving him another prescription to carry on over the weekend and into next week. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

I’m still finding it confusing on here.
Son no 2 home for the weekend-he’s such a tonic.Dog so pleased to see him too.
Hope Rob improves soon Sue.

1 Like

im finding it hard work,it takes longer to get around the forum

1 Like

It’s your age Doc :wink:

1 Like

yep,your right there lol

1 Like

Glad it’s not just me that’s struggling with this new layout. At least I managed to get here fairly easily tonight.

Rob is better Rhosyn, but I have extra a/bs to cover him over the weekend, his chest is not clear yet.

Managed to get the washing dry today - forecast for tomorrow is dire, but I have a new book and plenty of stitching to keep me busy. Going to be dark early tonight too.

1 Like

When I get a minute, I’ll try to record a video of how I browse/use the forum - hopefully it might help shed some light and make things a bit easier for you guys :smiley:

1 Like