Over 50's Club Scotland

Happy New year to you all, Had a great time at the do last evening, left around 1am but didn’t enjoy the drive home as it had been snowing for hours and was pretty deep.
Helped with the chores and now settled in front of the fire for the rest of the day.
Hope the weather is better where you all are.

Good morning was frosty here but now clearing away. Didn’t go out the door yesterday as I didn’t need anything, maybe have another day at home and catch up on housework and a few other things.

Afternoon, It’s so bitter here today and very icy underfoot. Had a careful walk along the beach with The Hairy One and was glad to get back to the fire. Not going out again today so maybe have a wee while with my knitting before starting dinner. I think the pool reopens tomorrow, hope so as I’m starting to feel stiffer in my joints again.
Have a good day.

Morning, Cold and pouring with rain here this morning…Brrrr. Just back from my first swim of the year, how good it felt to be back in the water agaain. Heading over to Wick shortly for a big shop at Tesco and a walk with The Hairy One, other than that just catching up around the house. Things are starting to return to normal. :smiley:

Morning Rox and all on here. Just pottering about doing some washing and ironing. Need to pop out to local shop soon.
My crown fell out on New Year’s Day. dentist opens tomorrow so hopefully will get an appointment.
Hope you are ok May.
Everyone Enjoy your day getting back to normal.

1 Like

Good afternoon everybody. May hope your on the mend. Not been anywhere since Saturday as I didn’t need anything. Going over to Braehead as I need bread and milk, then back home to put a washing on and do some ironing.

I’ve landed myself in hospital, slipped on black ice and broken my tibia bone. :sob: The break has also damaged my replacement knee. I’m to have an operation tomorrow and they will see if they can patch it up with pins and screws… If not it’s another knee replacement after the tibia has healed itself, I’m out of action for the foreseeable, no driving, no swimming, no Clydes, no nothing.
I can’t believe this has happened, I’m so annoyed at myself for not paying attention. The temp was to be rising a lot today, not going down. Heaven knows how long I will be in the hospital. Feeling angry, embarrassed and miserable. :sob:

Bad luck Rox. You were so positive in the morning. The Hairy one will miss you as well. Hope the operation goes well.

1 Like

Rox what a horrible thing to happen to you, especially with your replacement knee. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Looks quite windy out there so might make a start and put some decorations away. Also go and register at the doctors surgery later.

1 Like

Morning all. Poor you Rox, hope your op goes well. Jess I am putting my decorations away too. Can’t get appointment til tomorrow at Dentist so will just keep busy today…
Still no word from May hope she is doing ok.

1 Like

Good morning. May hope your on the mend. Rox have they operated on you yet ? Jean good luck at the Dentist today. Going to put more decorations away and then over to Braehead for some shopping.

1 Like

Got my crown back on!
Hope Rox is through her op and recovering well. Shout out for May too. Hope you are back on soon, both of you.
Jess all me decs are down and away, but my outside lights are drying in the garage before they go away. Hope you ar enjoying your new home. Not long til you are away on your first trip of the year.
Miserable weather her tonight. Lashing with rain.

1 Like

Jean you’ll be feeling a lot better now you have your crown back in again. Some of the decs are down, tree tomorrow. Still getting mail for people who loved here, one was somebodys SQA’S I already put it back in the post box. Went to the Surgery today to register have forms to fill in. No it won’t be long till we go away on holiday. a week today and we are off to the sun.

Good Afternoon Folks,pleased to report I’m feeling a bit better,cough/sweats almost gone but still feeling very weak,had a wee walk up the garden path in the sunshine and was glad of a breath of fresh air,but back lying on sofa again…Glad also that the worried look on My youngest Daughters face has gone this morning…the wee Soul,

Rox,jeeze,what a horrible thing to happen to You…I do hope You don’t have to have reconstruction on Your replaced knee joint…nightmare…I imagine You’re on lots of pain killers and getting around on crutches? Let Us know how You are, :hugs:

PS.just read on another thread that You are still in the Hosp’ Rox…sending You positive vibes for a good recovery,xxx

Great to hear from you May. Hope you feel a bit better each day. Rox same for you. It will be a long road but I know you will get there.
Just getting ready to Sainsburys for my big shop.
Hope everyone enjoys the weekend.

1 Like

Good afternoon. May welcome back we’ve missed you just keep taking it easy your daughter will be glad your on the road to recovery. Jean went to Sainsbury’s yesterday I like some of their foodstuff. Filled in the forms today for the Surgery so now registered here, hope I don’t need them, treated myself to a bottle of wine while I was out.

1 Like

Evening, I have been really ill the last 24 hours. Was sick most of last night and today, I couldn’t stand I was so weak, room spinning and dizzy, it’s been horrible. Have lain in the dark most of the day. But starting to come round now, Doctors have been all over me with tests trying to find out what’s wrong. Personally I think it’s the shock and pain coming out of me. Have a new/different support now, a black one with straps. Getting yanked out of bed tomorrow and I’m dreading it, some of the young nurses are right wee bullies, and have had several of the other patients in tears forcing them to move when it’s obviously too soon.
Having a lot of trouble with this hospital WiFi, keeps vanishing so I can only get on when it’s behaving.

I hope things improve for you soon Rox. You really have had bad time of it.

1 Like

Good morning Folks,never know what time of day it is as I seem to sleep/doze for most of it, :unamused:

I’m sure pain & anxiety can cause dizziness Rox but the Nurses will want You up and out of bed to prevent blood clots…hang on in there Kiddo,You’re fit & healthy and will recover in time ((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))

1 Like

Good morning everybody. Rox hope the dizziness has passed it will have been a shock to your system falling on the ice. May sleep is good for you particularly when you’ve not been well. Hi Scott. Tree is down and all the decorations put away in boxes, the house looks so bare now without them.

1 Like