Over 50's Club Scotland

Wishing you a Happy New Year when it comes. I hope this is not the end of this Scottish Thread but as it’s no popular these days it may well be. I’m taking a break from the forum now, not sure for how long.

All the best for the new year Rox. Don’t know what has happened to Jess.

Wishing you a Happy New Year too, Rox.

I always read this Scottish thread and enjoy seeing the lovely photos of Bonny Scotland.

Hope to see you and other Scots back here soon!

1 Like

Happy New Year Mags.

1 Like

……. and a very Happy New Year to you, Scot, I hope it’s a good one. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Good evening. Hope that everybody is ok. Accidently deleted the forum and my niece got me back online tonight.

Hope you had a good Christmas and all the best for 2024 Jess. We were wondering what had happened to you.

Hi Scot I had a lovely time thanks. The same to you.

Good morning everybody. Another frosty one here don’t really need anything from the shops , Rox hope your ok and the Hairy one.

Good morning anybody…

Evening Jess, I was beginning to wonder what happened to you, glad your ok.
Still much the same here, cold and sometimes rain sometimes snow, but always blooming cold.
Still swimming every other day in a too cold pool, but it does make me swim a bit faster and then there’s the hot soak in the jacuzzi…

Good morning Rox. I also went to Australia with my nieces for Christmas. It was lovely to see my nephew and partner and their baby again. I’m back to my routine of the hairdresser and getting my nails done. Off for a massage later and will be wrapping up to go out.

Evening, Had an at home day, just so tired for some reason. Dageus walked with Dunc while I lazed, tomorrow is meant to be the start of a very cold week or so with snow and heavy frosts, hate this type of weather, I long for the spring.
One of my my sisters lives in Aus, in Sydney, she had a quiet family Christmas at home and spent the afternoon on a lounger by her pool…Sigh. She says I can come and stay with her anytime but I don’t want to do that journey especially after the leg injuries I got last winter, I’m a home bird really, but I envy her that weather, No Snow… Lucky Things.

Hi Rox, it does you good to have a lazy day. I had quite a few lazy ones last week. Been cold and sunny here but no frost thank goodness. We were in Sydney as well, we had a few hot days as well as a few heavy showers. We went to a few beaches and hired an A& BB we stayed there for a few days, also went down to Sydney on the Metro, would love to go back again.

One of my other sisters (I have 3) went out for 6 weeks and had a great time, said she found it hard to sleep though, because of the heat and sometimes went out to the deck and snoozed on a lounger as it was cooler lol.
She came back to Scotland and promptly caught the flu and complained bitterly about the cold. Lol.

We weren’t there that long, but some days were really warm and it took a while to get to sleep. I usually just slept with a top sheet in bed. When we came back here we all had the cold. Waiting for an electrician to come and change some plugs in the garage for me.

Afternoon All, Not a bad day but still cold. We walked up through the forest this morning, it was peaceful and we never met a soul. Dunc says enjoy it as the tourists will return in a couple of months and it will be bedlam once again. It never used to be like that before lockdown and now so many are holidaying in this country instead of flying off abroad. Pity, I was hoping they’d go back to normal… But.

Evening a nice sunny day here today but cold. Had a painter in today painting the kitchen and small dining area. Rox I used to hate seeing all the tourists coming to Largs when they shouldn’t have, then the other ones with their camper vans.

Morning, Again it’s not too bad a day here, went over to Wick to get my big shop. We have weather warnings in place from later today for most of the week, heavy snow and strong winds…Lovely. :sob:
Might not get to the pool next week but will take it day by day, don’t really want to miss a whole week or the joints start seizing up.
Going to catch up on recorded tv programmes after lunch.
Enjoy your Sunday.

Morning, weather not to bad here today. The forecast for here its going to be really cold so I wont be going to far. Painter finished yesterday and I’m really pleased with it, so that’s another job ticked off the list. Niece coming here later to change some lightbulbs for me.