Over 50's Club Scotland

Good evening. A really cold wind here today, so it was a puffer coat and a scarf to fo shopping. Like your jacket Rox looks really warm and a good price. Picked up my coat today and more wool to knit a baby blanket for Alfie.

Evening, Had such a lazy W/E, neither of us could be bothered with anything. Rained a lot so it was short walks in the forest for The Hairy One, rest of the time is was laze in front of the fire.
Back into the usual stuff tomorrow.

Good morning. Had a lazy weekend Iā€™ve been clearing out more things for the Charity shop. Landscape gardener here again this morning. Have to go out for a few Birthday cards, one for a friend and the other for my Nephews partner.

Morning, Not nice here lots of heavy showers. Done all I need to do so after lunch itā€™s my audio book and jigsaws. Himself is working with the horses down at the stable today so that saves me a job and I can stay in. I need to have a massive clearout of clothes as I have far too many, will get into it another day though as I really have to be in the mood to do that job.

Afternoon. Showers here today was going shopping after getting my hair done but changed my mind. Its all go out there now with the garden, new fence is up and a few other things being done. Iā€™ll have to wait till one of them come with their car to take the stuff to the Charity shop.

Hi, this is an automated message from your friendly Over50sChat bot :039:

Just a quick note to say a new thread about Scotland has been posted :blush: You can view the thread here:

Donā€™t forget you can view our mini-forum for Scotland here: Scotland Forum | Over 50s Chat (over time as more threads about Scotland are posted here they will show up there, and when search engines index the forum it will mean more people searching for ā€˜over 50s in Scotlandā€™ will be more likely to spot the forumā€¦ andā€¦ hopefullyā€¦ register and join in with you all :003:)

:orange_heart:

Good morningā€¦

Evening, Getting a bit nervous about the coming storm, itā€™s meant to be a bad one. The ocean is starting to rock n roll with the waves getting stronger and higher.

Stay safe Roxā€¦ā€¦. :crossed_fingers:

Thanks Mags :relaxed: Took my coffee to the Front to drink as I always do after my swim. Didnā€™t park though as itā€™s high tide and the waves are crashing over into the roads. Better safe than sorry, didnā€™t want the car washed into the ocean. :anguished::astonished:

Iā€™ts getting blowy here as well Rox. Looks like Perth is going to be hit again.

Looks like it Scot, my son is at my house and has brought sand bags with him. My back door is ground level with no steps up.
I see Brechin has just been issued with an evacuation order, first time Iā€™ve heard of a whole Scottish Town being told to leave.
Are you in the Red Zone my daughter is on the outskirts of Dundee and in the Zone. According to the News the Zone has been extended south. This is getting more than a wee bit serious.

We are just north of the red zone.

Thatā€™s good. :+1: We are a good bit north of it but itā€™s really wild here. Wouldnā€™t dare go near any cliffs for a few days.

Good morning. Rox hope your house is ok. Scot hope your ok. I was watching the news about Brechin, I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever of a twon being evacuated because of the weather. It wasnā€™t to bad here yesterday a bit windy with a few showers. A bit windy here at the moment and Iā€™ve the hairdressers this afternoon a good job its just round the corner from me.

Hi Jess, Yes the house is ok ā€¦ So far, but the blasted fences are down. Hope your place is fine too. Not set a foot out the house today, far to wet n windy. I see thereā€™s another red zone coming into place later this evening, I feel so sorry for those people whoā€™s homes keep getting flooded time after time. The pictures on the News are full of misery.

We have escaped the worst of the storm here so far. Forecast for tomorrow is not good. Sorry to hear about your fences Rox.

Yes, problem is itā€™s the guy next doors fence. He promised me back in the summer it would be renewed as it was in a terrible state, but he didnā€™t do it. We are heading down to Perth on Sunday if the roads ok, but I get the feeling Iā€™m going to have to sort this out if itā€™s to be done.

Hi Rox glad that the only damage was to the fence, hope you manage to get the guy to get the fence fixed pronto. It must be horrible to lose everything you own in the world.Scot glad to hear you escaped the worst of the storm. We had some rain and wind so no real damage, I only went out and got my hair done then home again.

Good morning sunny and dry here this morning, probably cold as I havenā€™t been out the door yet. Nephew is 18 today and weā€™re going out for dinner later. Better move and strip my bed and do some ironing.