Over 50's Club Scotland

Good morning everybody. Rox hope you managed to get some sleep after waking up that time of the morningā€¦ Looks like there was some frost out there this morning. Dyson is going for a walk round the living room where the old suite was. Need some food shopping later and maybe walk down to Renfrew for it.

1 Like

Good evening all. Went a 5 k walk this morning first for ages. Legs sore for the rest of the day. Shows how unfit I am.
Having a pizza and Rose wine for dinner. Usually red these days but took a notion for Rose. TV is rubbish tonight but my wee Grandaughter bought me some paperbacks for Christmas so still have one to read.
Hope you are feeling better Rox and that you and May get a good sleep tonight.
You will be looking forward to getting your new sofas Soon Jess.
So enjoy the rest of your Saturday everyone.

1 Like

Good morning everybody. May and Rox, hope your both feeling a lot better this morning. Snap Jean I had some Rose wine last night, bought to go with a lasgne from there but I didnā€™t enjoy the lasgne. Seen some nice cushions yesterday in Next, so will probably go back and buy then,

1 Like

Good morning Eachā€¦justā€¦slept like a log for My usual 8 hours thank goodnessā€¦Going to Daughters for Sunday
lunchā€¦SIL making steaks so I imagine there will be a glass or two of red wine to go withā€¦itā€™ll be the first since well before xmas as that was just a blurr,
As for My weightā€¦wellā€¦common sense tells Me the only time I need to be concerned at My age is if I start to lose weight without tryingā€¦so.ā€™.Iā€™ll eat when Iā€™m hungry and Iā€™ll drink when Iā€™m dry,and if the red wine donā€™t get Me Iā€™ll live ā€˜til I dieā€™ :laughing:

1 Like

Morning All, Yes had quite a good night thanks. Got myself up, through to toilet then kitchen, made a latte, got another ice pack out of the freezer and got through to my chair in the living room. Put my thick cardie on and covered my legs with the tartan travel rug as it was cold. Ended up going back through and doing a hot water bottle to try and warm up. Not able to light the gas fire yet as itā€™s quite a struggle for me. Regan wasnā€™t long so it all worked out well.
Such a wind getting up the now, hope my fence will stay put. Soon be time to get up for another walkabout, trying it every hour.

1 Like

Hi, this is an automated message from your friendly Over50sChat bot :039:

Just a quick note to say a new thread about Scotland has been posted :blush: You can view the thread here:

Donā€™t forget you can view our mini-forum for Scotland here: Scotland Forum | Over 50s Chat (over time as more threads about Scotland are posted here they will show up there, and when search engines index the forum it will mean more people searching for ā€˜over 50s in Scotlandā€™ will be more likely to spot the forumā€¦ andā€¦ hopefullyā€¦ register and join in with you all :003:)

:orange_heart:

Good evening all. Windy here and wet too. Went into Glasgow to M and S. used to have one in Hamilton and also in East Kilbride now it just food shops. Was going to go to the Fort but too windy for that. Glad to hear that Rox and May had a better sleep. Last night
I woke up shouting and bawling jumped out my bed didnā€™t know where I was. Took me a wee while to calm down but then slept fine.
Going to have chicken roast potatoes and veg. Get a big chicken then can make a curry or chicken pie with the leftovers. Sometimes soup with the carcass. Got another bottle of Rose so cheers Jessie, Rox and May and everyone else looking in.:wine_glass::wine_glass::wine_glass:

Good morning everybody. Rox seems like your starting to do a bit more each day, but donā€™t over do it. May hope you enjoyed your steak dinner and red wine yesterday, not drank red wine for a few years now doesnā€™t agree with me. Jean same with you and your chicken dinner. I had chicken breasts from M&S yesterday but didnā€™t enjoy them. M&S are finally opening a food hall this year in Largs, after living there for 19 years. Sat here already waiting for my new couches to arrive later this afternoon.

Morning Jess and all who follow. Hope your couches arrive soon. I have no patience waiting for deliveries
. My Daughter popped in for coffee was quite glad as I have a huge ironing to do and canā€™t be bothered.
OMG Happy Valley! Sundays wonā€™t be the same after next week. I read that they have filmed several different endings so who knows!
Ironing wonā€™t go away so must make a start.
Hope May and Rox are ok. See you all later

Morning, Nice here and we have washing out on the ropes for a while. Trying something new every day with Regan or David hovering over meā€¦Just incase. Just had a latte and some toast really enjoyed it.

1 Like

Sounds like you are on the mend, Rox. And we are rooting for you!

1 Like

Good afternoon, couches have arrived and really comfortable, quite pleased I had to wait while they were being made. Now have to start looking at more furniture for the rest of the house. Jean do you want tod my ironing, only joking. Rox thatā€™s good that you are trying something different every day and your family are there to support you.

1 Like

Good morning All,though not very good for Me as I tested positive for covid yesterdayā€¦cancelled dinner at Daughters on Sunday as I felt worse as the day went onā€¦I couldnā€™t believe it when the 2 lines on the test kit came up orange!!!
Iā€™ve also spent all morning trying to get through to Hairmyers Hospā€™ to cancel My appā€™t at the Opthalmology clinic tomorrow,all I get is recorded messages :grimacing:ā€¦maybe Theyā€™d like Me to turn up and spread it aroundā€¦grrā€¦so much for missed appointments costing the NHS so much money!!!..Iā€™m fed up to My back teeth with being sick!!!

Oh Nooooooo May, Iā€™m so sorry you caught the dreaded bug. Hopefully it will be a really mild dose. :disappointed_relieved: I was worried about getting it while I was in Ninewells as it was closing wards in there.

Found this old photo from the Dundee Swimming Pool, it was taken when the kids were young and we were there for a visit. This was the adult flume ride and muggins here was enjoying the slow ones, and then climbed up the long ladder to try this oneā€¦totally forgetting there was a 25 foot drop when you shot out the end. I remember the awful fright of falling helplessly through the air at top speed lol. Then landing in a very, very, deep pool, most undignified lol thank heavens there were no mobile phones in those days.

2 Likes

Good Morning May so sorry to hear you have the dreaded COVID. You must be pig sick of being unwell. Roll on the Spring May. Rox hope you are still making progress.
My Year started with Covid for 2nd time then Wee Sophie broke her elbow then I did my back in also broke a crown but nothing like you 2 have had to contend with and I know how scunnered I felt.
So sending good vibes to you both.
Glad you are liking your sofas Jess.
See you all later.

1 Like

Good afternoon everybody. May sorry to hear you have covid and had to cancel your dinner on Sunday, hope you get through to the Hospital to cancel the appointment. Rox the last time I was in a pool like that was at Butlins, I was a coward and didnā€™t go on any of the Flumes. Jean yes Iā€™m enjoying my sofas and had the seal of approval from the nieces and Joseph. Got a lift to Ikea today its amazing all the things they have in there. Got dropped off at Sainsburyā€™s and got some food stuff in there. Enjoy your evening.

2 Likes

H all. We had a good long this morning, over an hour in the blustery wind. I had medication for the doctorā€™s office and then next door to the vetā€™s office to get Max weighed - 35 kg. He is a big dog. Then we had a few deliveries - wipes and bog rolls.

1 Like

Hi Rox - trust that your leg is improving. Iā€™m sure you have asked this before but where in Scotland are you living? Just roughly.

At the moment Iā€™m at my own house in Perth. Iā€™m mostly up at my partners farm on the North Coast, a few miles from Thurso. I have to return to Ninewells towards the end of February to see the surgeon for xrays and a check, so Iā€™ll be here for a while yet.

Thank you, Rox. I know Perth pretty well. As it happens my cousin had a fractured leg last winter. He had a checkup yesterday - at Ninewells. Rather a coincidenceā€¦

1 Like